Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #1

Angry Redhawk 31XL (2014) Issues & Poor Jayco Response

tHas anyone had experiences with the quality of their new Jayco MH not being up to snuff? We bought a new Redhawk 31XL on March 1 and took it out for our first excursion the last weekend in March. When we went to set up the bunk over cab, the mattress handle tore off. A day later we noticed light shining under the dinette and discovered a large gap between the floor and the wall which allowed air and light in, the shower has a soft spot with no support beneath the shower pan that is at least 6" x 6", and a taillight/brake light is already out.

I contacted Jayco before we left the campground and the lack of concern for the quality of their product was amazing to me! You would figure that spending the type of money that people do on their MH's that they would be a little more compassionate and apologetic for the poor quality of their product. All I got however was a passive sorry about that and take it by your dealer for repairs.

We did just that and stopped by the dealer on our way home. They were also amazed that the MH had that many issues and apologized numerous times that they had sold us a unit with such issues. The unit is with them for repairs now and I can't wait to see how they fix the gap between the floor and the wall. The warranty/service lady even wondered about that one. All I know is that it better not just be filled with caulking.

All in all, I am very displeased with Jayco at this point. They in no way live up to their customer service and quality moto's that they have posted on their website! I believe I will likely file a complaint with our state Attorney Generals Office just so they have it on file in the event that we have further issues or others do.
tdmanl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #2

Unhappy Oh yes, quality is not number 1

Purchased a new Jayco and had nothing but problems with it for the first six months.

- It took Jayco over 3 months to locate and correct electrical shorts, plumbing leaks and ten other more minor issues. Some, they would not even acknowledge.

The people at Jayco say that they care and will do whatever it takes, but their actions belie this. I had no use of my RV for six months. They never apologized nor offered to make good. Do not deal with Paul Martin in service. Deal with Vinh Le.

So very disappointed in Jayco, a company that espouses American quality, fairness and family values. The build quality is poor, the customer service is worse than poor and Jayco is not a company that makes me proud to be an American. Since then, things have been better, but DON'T PUT TOO MUCH WEIGHT IN THE DRAWERS! THE BOTTOMS BREAK OFF!!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #3

shameful

I did not figure that we would be an isolated case. Today we received our customer service satisfaction survey from Jayco. Needless to say, they got the lowest ratings possible from us and in no case would we recommend them! I actually wrote them a follow-up email three days ago concerning what the dealer told us about our repairs and have yet to hear back from them. Dealer is amazed at how the things they are repairing could have been overlooked. One issue remains and that is a missing cross support beneath our shower to support the shower base. Dealer has contacted Jayco for instructions on how to be install the missing support but they have not responded. Dealer advised the space is to small for them to get into without ripping the entire bathroom out. We have determined that we are going to contact our state Attorney General about this issue because it certainly needs to be addressed at a higher level since Jayco is not responsive.
tdmanl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #4

We had a 2012 Melbourne and it had issues all the time we had it. We traded it in on 2014 Jayco Precept and after spending the winter in it we returned it to the dealer with 16 issues to be fixed. The workers in the Jayco plant work on piece work and nothing is checked at the plant. It's only when it hits the dealership that it gets checked. Our cab air conditioning doesn't work and we were told by Jayco to take it to a Ford dealer - Ford stated that Jayco had customized their parts and Jayco will have to fix it. Frustrating!!
Old 04-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #5

While have been camping for many many years with TT we are getting ready to take delivery on first motorhome later this week ... Redhawk 31xl (dealer says thinks it's a 2015 that rolled off - we'll see). Any advice/tips on specific things to check for during walk thru ? We've started making a list and have added the items listed in posts above to it !
TexRedHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #6

Open and close all the windows a couple times to be sure nothing falls on floor. Open propane tank gas line to be sure it does not spit propane at you. Check all molding around doors and slides to be sure you have molding. Check storage bins to be sure they will open once locked. Turn on furnace and ac to be sure you have heat and cooling. These are just a few issues we had first weekend out with ours. Good luck.
donellen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by donellen30 View Post
Open and close all the windows a couple times to be sure nothing falls on floor. Open propane tank gas line to be sure it does not spit propane at you. Check all molding around doors and slides to be sure you have molding. Check storage bins to be sure they will open once locked. Turn on furnace and ac to be sure you have heat and cooling. These are just a few issues we had first weekend out with ours. Good luck.
Which is everything you paid the dealer to do for you prior to telling you to pick it up. I totally agree things like this shouldn't happen, but they do, happens with every manufacturer. However everything you mentioned was part of the dealer prep and PDI that you paid for.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Which is everything you paid the dealer to do for you prior to telling you to pick it up. I totally agree things like this shouldn't happen, but they do, happens with every manufacturer. However everything you mentioned was part of the dealer prep and PDI that you paid for.
Totally agree. But there should not have been so many issues coming from Jayco to begin with. Dealer has fixed one problem after another. They have refilled our gas tank because of so many trips out to them. They refilled propane. They gave us gift cards to their camp store. They have tried to keep us happy. Jayco has never responded. I don't blame the dealer. I blame Jayco.
donellen30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
31xl, complaint, customer service, issues, redhawk