Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-13-2016, 10:13 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 160
RedHawk DVD/Blueray

Has anyone found a good place to add a DVD/Blue Ray/sound system to the RedHawk?

We traded in our Jay Flight for a RedHawk and are in the process of getting it ready for our first trip in it. I was thinking about adding our of the all in one sound system/blue ray setups but haven't come up with a great place to put it yet.
__________________

__________________
2017 Jayco Redhawk 29XK
2015 Wrangler JKU
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Avail Tow Bar & Protect-a-Tow
RViBranke2 w/TPMS
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ona
Posts: 472
Our Furrion TV died on our first trip, so we replaced it with a Samsung Smart TV (less than 200.00 at WalMart), and that took care of the Furrion sound issue.

Then we added a Samsung Blue-Ray/DVD player (69.00 from WalMart on-line). It went in the shelf over the TV (had to drill a hole in the shelf bottom for the wires).

All is good now.
__________________

__________________
The Logan's
2016 Redhawk 26XD
Me, Dear Wife,
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denver
Posts: 185
I grabbed a Phillips Blu-ray on Clearance from Walmart for $50. Works great. HDMI cables from eBay or Monoprice.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:44 PM   #4
Member
 
Maestro402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Versailles
Posts: 89
Yes. I have a Redhawk as well and we have a ps4 on shelf. We drilled a hole in bottom of shelf


Maestro402
------------
"Life is better in my RV"
__________________
Maestro
--------------------------------------
"Life is better in my RV"
Maestro402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Stardate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Collegeville
Posts: 19
I had bought a Sony Blu-ray but couldn't mount it anywhere without the disc hitting the TV when the tray is opened etc. I just bought a Toshiba with a slot that can be mounted upright and a hideit mount that just arrived. The hideit mount is good because it holds the player securely too. Today we are putting it in, fingers crossed this one came to $230.00. Which technically is crazy but it is always what happens when you want what you want. Next what to do about sound. The ceiling speakers I think sound great with a cd but I don't think they can be used for the tv or dvd in our Redhawk 26x1 can they?
Stardate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardate View Post
I had bought a Sony Blu-ray but couldn't mount it anywhere without the disc hitting the TV when the tray is opened etc. I just bought a Toshiba with a slot that can be mounted upright and a hideit mount that just arrived. The hideit mount is good because it holds the player securely too. Today we are putting it in, fingers crossed this one came to $230.00. Which technically is crazy but it is always what happens when you want what you want. Next what to do about sound. The ceiling speakers I think sound great with a cd but I don't think they can be used for the tv or dvd in our Redhawk 26x1 can they?
If the install goes well... Please post picts and a link to the mount. I might be interested in doing that. For now I just put the player on the bed and plugged it in. When we use it I put something under it.

The ceiling speakers are only connected to the Ford radio. Depending on how much sound you're looking for... Many suggest replacing the tv with something decent which would yield better sound. I've also seen a small sound bar that can be mounted to the tv mount which might work as well.
__________________
2017 Jayco Redhawk 29XK
2015 Wrangler JKU
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Avail Tow Bar & Protect-a-Tow
RViBranke2 w/TPMS
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #7
Member
 
Maestro402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Versailles
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk98 View Post
If the install goes well... Please post picts and a link to the mount. I might be interested in doing that. For now I just put the player on the bed and plugged it in. When we use it I put something under it.

The ceiling speakers are only connected to the Ford radio. Depending on how much sound you're looking for... Many suggest replacing the tv with something decent which would yield better sound. I've also seen a small sound bar that can be mounted to the tv mount which might work as well.
For sound what we did was take a meagboom sound tube (sound bar for all intensive purposes) and mounted it to bottom of tv so it swings with tv and then used a rca to 2.5mm stereo adapter to go from tv audio (left right) to the headphones port on megaboom.

https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-...ne+audio+cable

Is it the best we could do ... No but we had it here at house and wasn't using. If you get a soundbar anywere you could do same.
__________________
Maestro
--------------------------------------
"Life is better in my RV"
Maestro402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:40 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Stardate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Collegeville
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk98 View Post
If the install goes well... Please post picts and a link to the mount. I might be interested in doing that. For now I just put the player on the bed and plugged it in. When we use it I put something under it.

The ceiling speakers are only connected to the Ford radio. Depending on how much sound you're looking for... Many suggest replacing the tv with something decent which would yield better sound. I've also seen a small sound bar that can be mounted to the tv mount which might work as well.
Our is a Chevy Chassis but assume the the same radio & speakers. We only opted for the Chevy because there was more room up front to sit down. I will post a picture
Stardate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Stardate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Collegeville
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro402 View Post
For sound what we did was take a meagboom sound tube (sound bar for all intensive purposes) and mounted it to bottom of tv so it swings with tv and then used a rca to 2.5mm stereo adapter to go from tv audio (left right) to the headphones port on megaboom.

https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-...ne+audio+cable

Is it the best we could do ... No but we had it here at house and wasn't using. If you get a soundbar anywere you could do same.
Probably will end up with a small soundbar. I am more particular with music sound and this bit about TV's too small to handle descent sound is ridiculous. They just don't want to give us good sound and video at the same time too easy because of copyright's etc. But I do want to be able to hear TV. We put an Lg 32" Smart TV in the bedroom because there wasn't one, so I thought I could use a bigger bedroom TV at home. So we put my bedroom Lg in the rv and I got a new 40" for the bedroom. Now I can actually see the guide from bed. But it is probably overkill in the rv's tiny bedroom. But LG has the best sound I think. We should swap the Furrion for LG but I didn't want to mess with that TV as it swings out when you press a button. Would adding a speaker bar to swing out with the TV bother the weight and workings of it? Has anyone done that?
Stardate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Stardate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Collegeville
Posts: 19
Toshiba Blu-Ray Install

We put it in and everything works, you could put it further behind the TV if you want but I wanted to be able to reach it.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00677.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	27407

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00678.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	27408

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00679.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	27409
__________________

__________________
Jayco 2017 Redhawk 26x1
Stardate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.