Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #1

Redhawk owners?

Am I one of the only Redhawk owners on this forum? I very rarely see a post regarding Redhawk's. I've had my 29KX for about 2-1/2 months and love it. Just wondering why no one else is talking Redhawk?
Tpratt83687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #2

Got one! I have one of the first 31XL's delivered 11/2012. So far good, but a number of production problems in the early days.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #3

We went to trade in our 17Z on a 23B and looked at a Redhawk. ... decided the Redhawk would be best for us and found out there was already a deposit on the one we looked at. Our dealer couldn't find another one, so I called Jayco and they said they were being bought as fast as they could make them. I asked our dealer to order one and Jayco told them 2 months. So, we ended up in a Greyhawk. There's plenty of them out there. Maybe the owners aren't forum people.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #4

we have a 26XS we bought early this year. We did a long trip to Canada over the summer and it did fine. My sister came with us and slept on the dining room bed. She said it was very roomy and comfortable. The Ford V10 has performed perfectly so far.
rcase13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #5

We got our 26XS last November, it was the first one our Richardson dealer had. We sold our 34' Pacearrow 10 years ago, after lots miles and getting older. Then my wife gets this idea to buy another RV, something smaller for the two of us. After almost a year and over 5500 miles the Redhawk is a good fit for our needs.

Don, Lake Elsinore California
Jayco 2013 Redhawk 26XS
Ford 2012 E450 V10
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #6

Got a 2013 26xs in March. It's a good unit and drives well. If had to do it over would have gotten a little longer one in order to have
a walk around bed and more room around the kitchen sink. We were told almost everyone who buys a new RV takes it back because something is wrong with one of the equipment pieces(frig,reefer, etc) but ours all work like they should. They did put in the wrong shower curtain (too short) but am getting a new one--hope it's easy to put in and fits.
Car-los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #7

Bought a 2012 Greyhawk 31fs 2 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
We went to trade in our 17Z on a 23B and looked at a Redhawk. ... decided the Redhawk would be best for us and found out there was already a deposit on the one we looked at. Our dealer couldn't find another one, so I called Jayco and they said they were being bought as fast as they could make them. I asked our dealer to order one and Jayco told them 2 months. So, we ended up in a Greyhawk. There's plenty of them out there. Maybe the owners aren't forum people.
Went cross country toward the end of last year and it was great. I don't know what's the difference between the greyhawk and the red hawk. Glad to have found this jayco forum.
camperkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #8

Loooks like all the important stuff is the same Grey vs. Red. Best I can tell trim level and accessories are different. I admit some of the Greyhawk amenities are nice to have but really not "needed" for our use of it. I could have easily been in a Redhawk and been equally pleased.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Arvee View Post
Loooks like all the important stuff is the same Grey vs. Red. Best I can tell trim level and accessories are different. I admit some of the Greyhawk amenities are nice to have but really not "needed" for our use of it. I could have easily been in a Redhawk and been equally pleased.
That's how we feel. If the Redhawk we looked at was available, we would have bought it and enjoyed it. The "extras" on the Greyhawk are nice though.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #10

We have the 31XL. We bought it last winter. Made a big trip to North and South Dakota plus several shorter ones. Overall it's a good motorhome. We have had a few electrical issues and some poorly installed trim issues. The bathroom door won't stay closed moving down the road. I had to round out the latch hole to get it to stay latched at all. We miss not having an oven. I am probably going to put one in.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #11

Oh yeah I forgot. I wish it had more outlets in the living room and the rear camera is useless with a bike rack.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #12

As part of the condition of the sale, DW had dealer replace the Microwave oven with a combination Microwave / Convection oven. It does a great job in either mode.
Ours is made by Sharp.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphalt animal View Post
We have the 31XL. We bought it last winter. Made a big trip to North and South Dakota plus several shorter ones. Overall it's a good motorhome. We have had a few electrical issues and some poorly installed trim issues. The bathroom door won't stay closed moving down the road. I had to round out the latch hole to get it to stay latched at all. We miss not having an oven. I am probably going to put one in.
That is too funny our bathroom door won't stay closed either.
rcase13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:12 AM   #14

I am new to the class c we purchased the redhawk 22a se. Last month have camped a few times with it and are enjoying it so far. I know people don't like the corner bed but for us it works just fine. This is a great unit to start with it is very roomy for its size. Like you i am interested in what other owners think of their c or what mods were done
Jlincoln is offline   Reply With Quote