Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #11

Mine is a 2013. One of the first Redhawks built. I liked the Greyhawk, but they charged me $59K for the Redhawk 31XL vs. $76K for the comparable Greyhawk. They installed the front bunk curtain for me from a Greyhawk and the same bedroom TV - both at no cost. So for a savings of $17K, the Redhawk was the winner! (Although I would love those flat spotlights on the ceiling!)

Greg Blum, 2013 Jayco Redhawk 31XL
Redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM   #12
2017 Redhawk vs Greyhawk

I googled the difference between 2017 the Redhawk and Greyhawk but found all kinds of things but nothing consistent.

So I went to the 2017 Jayco website and made the attached list showing a side by side comparison. Now I have a better sense of the differences and am posting it for others to use. I think it is pretty accurate.

Cant seem to upload the excel spreadsheet so post but I can email it on request.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM   #13
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing what you found.
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Steve (std Poodle) & Eydie (min Schnauzer)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights 2015, 90 nights 2016)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I googled the difference between 2017 the Redhawk and Greyhawk but found all kinds of things but nothing consistent.

As a Greyhawk owner and someone who just looked at Redhawks, I didn't see anything on the Greyhawk that wasn't some sort of 'bolt on addition'.

I'll bet you dimes to donuts that, up to some point in the manufacturing line, they're the same. Then Greyhawks make a left turn and workers bolt on the leveling jacks, the Hellwig Helper springs. Glue on the tank heaters. Plunk in the radio, wire up the silly cameras, etc.

That's my guess - that underneath they're pretty much the same animal.
pconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM   #15
Where to start...?

Well, we looked at both, drove both, and researched the heck out of both.

What we came up with was,

They are, at the core, essentially the same unit, then the Grayhawk gets "messed" with.

The price goes up more than $20,000.00, and a bunch of stuff that we neither need or want gets added on.

We didn't want the levelers, the ceiling lights where you can't change out the bulbs, the in-dash navigation system, the all but worthless side view cameras and thank-less water heater, etc. The Redhawk also has about 400 pounds more payload capacity, due to the lack of levelers.

All we added to get just what we wanted was 2 slide toppers, and 2 thermostatically controlled roof hatch fans.

I just wish that Jayco allowed the buyers to customize the "Hawks" any way that we wanted. There is too much "one size fits all".

The Logan's
2016 Redhawk 26XD
Me, Dear Wife,
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote