Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2015, 10:12 AM   #1

Replaced our Seneca TV's

As I indicated in my initial assessment of the Seneca, our Jensen TV's were absolutely horrible. Extremely low dynamic range, low viewing angle, audio out didn't work, the bedroom TV was practically unmatchable the picture was so bad...

In case anyone has a TS and is considering replacing either TV I found two TV's that matched up very nicely with the mounting brackets. For the front entertainment center I purchased a Visio 40" model E40-C2 TV for $339 at Costco and a 28" model E28h-C18 for $188.00 at Sam's Club.

The difference in picture quality is remarkable. Plus, the bedroom TV is now 28" vs 24" which makes a significant difference, and the front TV has digital audio out which drives the sound-bar that I added really nice. The sound bar comes on with the TV and turns off automatically. Plus the volume can be controlled by the TV remote.

A huge improvement over the Jensen TV's supplied in our unit...
Old 05-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
Sam

Grandpa, did you remove and install the tvs yourself? I have a 14 TS and would like to upgrade the front tv. The current one is a 32". What was your old one. I would like to go to a 40".
Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #3

Yes, I removed and installed them myself. It was a very simple job. We have the entertainment option, so the original TV was close to 40". If you have the swing out arm, take some measurements to see what the largest width and height you have clearance for and take a tape measure to the store with you. I also took a photo of the back side of the TV with my phone to make sure the VESA mounting holes and connectors on the new TV would match up well with the mounting plate.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #4

Here's a shot of the new TV and sound-bar. Since we don't plan on anyone sleeping in the pull-out drawer, I removed the foam mattress and use it to store things in. The sound-bar is small enough I put it in the drawer when traveling... Very happy with the setup now.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:48 AM   #5
Sam

That looks great! I have the same entertainment system as you. We also took the matress out and use the drawer for storage. Was the new TV easy to secure?
Thanks, Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #6

Sam, Yes this particular TV matched up very nice with the mounting bracket. With the hinged bracket in the open position it was very simple to remove the existing TV and mount the new TV. The main thing when buying the new TV is to make sure the location of the mounting holes and cable connection will work with the mounting bracket. Some of them I looked at would not have worked with the bracket.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #7

How do you get to the back of the entrainment center with the fire place insert?
joez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electronics, jensen, picture quality, seneca, tvs'