Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #1

Replaced passenger door window

The passenger door window on my '99 E450 class c was shattered last week. The window tint held the glass in place. When I priced the glass it was more than $200 installed. The internet had instructions for removing the door panel and removing the bottom two rivets holding the glass support plate from the regulator. So I decided to give it a try. I was able to get the window shipped to my home for $58 total.

I started in on it this morning and finished in about 3 hours. The hardest part was drilling out the two rivets. Also, it took a little while to figure out that I had to remove the weather strip frame/channel from inside the door window frame in order to put the glass into the inside of the door. After that it was pretty much the reverse order for reassembly. It is a tedious job to replace a door glass in these E450's but not impossible if you want to do it yourself and save a few bucks. There really are no specialty tool required.

Jeff and Deidra
2015 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate
2014 Heartland Cyclone 3110 Toyhauler
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
jeffdee is offline   Reply With Quote