Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #1

Replacement Mattress

We have a 2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK and would like to replace the mattress. The current mattress is a short queen with radius-ed corners on one end manufactured by Denver Mattress. From what dealers tell me they no longer make one with radius-ed corners. Does anyone know where we can get a replacement?
rjlanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

We will be in the same boat, just put a down payment on a 2016 31FK, and although some may not care, I just can't sleep on a used mattress. We will get a tempurpedic to fit width wise and trim the end ourselves, then put that cut edge up near the wall. I would think it would be pretty easy to trim away a foam mattress like tempurpedic. I'm not sure you reall HAVE to have a rounded mattress..maybe for the corner near the tv? I can't remember how much room is there to squeeze by.
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
TLC

There's a thread here somewhere I was reading this AM. I saved a link for my probable future use.

https://bestpatrols.com/best-mattres...side-sleepers/

Looking for thread

Here it is

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...tml#post494774
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #4

I put a regular queen memory foam mattress in my Greyhawk. When the bedroom slide comes in, it squishes just enough to let it close completely. Really happy as sheets fit properly and my feet don't hang over the end.
Wertles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjlanza View Post
We have a 2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK and would like to replace the mattress. The current mattress is a short queen with radius-ed corners on one end manufactured by Denver Mattress. From what dealers tell me they no longer make one with radius-ed corners. Does anyone know where we can get a replacement?
I spent quite a bit of time on the 'net looking for a (a) radius cornered (b) short queen that (c) should be comfortable.

I'm not a foam fan (prefer conventional springs) so that really made it impossible to find.

Short of custom made, I'd look for "short queen" first (assuming you want the leg room at the foot of the bed) and then "radius corner".

I know Denver Mattress is pretty much anathema here, but they do seem to be still in the RV mattress market. Maybe call them?

In the end, I'm not thrilled with ours, but we just added a Sealy 3" foam topper to the Denver form and cut the corners down with a carving knife.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #6

I put in my warranty claim with Richardson's RV here in Menifee, CA on February 15th. It required 7 photos and measurements from all angles of the Simmons mattress. Mine had reached 2.5" of deflection in a little over 2 weeks. 5 days ago I received a call from Richardson's stating they had received authorization from Jayco to order the new mattress and I should receive it in about 2 weeks. I just got a call from Richardson's this morning stating Jayco wants more photos, and to no surprise the mattress has not been authorized and or ordered.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #7

Look here

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...ave-29189.html

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...ess-33430.html

This was my post

I replaced my mattress with one from these guys. Let me tell you what a difference it was. If you want to have some great people to deal with please call. I have rounded corners on the lower half and could not find anything that I liked and the person hat I talked to was a great help.

They had me measure the old one and helped me select out the foam and cover. I did not even think about the cover, but they told me that it would be good to use a cool-max cover that is zipped so it can be removed and cleaned.

The mattress cam in only 5 days from Colorado to California. It arrived FedEx and was rolled and packed in a small (6 foot by 18 inch box); I opened the box and found the mattress rolled in a paper with tape holding the shape.

Took inside the RV laid out and removed the packing to find the mattress vacuumed pack in a bag. Opened the bag and look out the mattress expanded out to the full 11 inches thick in lest then 5 minutes.
Let me say, if you are thinking about a new mattress think about t giving MattressInsider.Com a call. And also there was free shipping.

Chuck

Dimensions: 60 x 75 x 10 w/ 2 - 12" radius corners at the foot
Product Type: Custom Luxury Memory Foam Mattress
Cover: Cool-MAX® Removable Cover
Layer #1: 3" 0412 gel
Layer #2: 7" 1831
Layer #3:
Layer #4:
Layer #5:
URL: MattressInsider.com | Custom Size Mattress

I posted this in other places......
cbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:57 PM   #8

Quote:
We purchased a '16 Greyhawk MV in Feb '16. We realized on the first night's sleep that it had a very poor mattress. At that time I had no idea that contacting Jayco might result in a mattress reimbursement.

Realizing we had a very bad mattress, I contacted "Erwin's Mattress Mart" of Lafayette, LA. A small mom & pop company making mattress since the 50's in Lafayette, LA.

They made us a great mattress, we enjoyed all summer (2016). We rolled some 6,000 from Louisiana through California, then NV, UT, CO, KS, OK, then home, and experienced great comfort every night.

Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:47 PM   #9

Does Jayco offer product reimbursement? It must be selective as they declined reimbursement for my failed simmons mattress. I also asked about reimbursement when the furrion tv died on day one, they declined that request as well....
Old 05-04-2017, 01:33 PM   #10

We just came back from our first outing last weekend and the mattress was absolutely terrible. On our way home we drove through a rain storm and our new trailer developed a leak which ended up soaking the front of the mattress. I contacted my dealer to set up an appointment to fix the leak and I also contacted Jayco directly to see about a payout option for the mattress. They were extremely helpful and authorized $160 payout so I can buy my own.

Long story short, if I were you, I would call Jayco directly and see what they can do for you.
.............................................Diablew Tune

SEAHAWKS_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAHAWKS_12 View Post
They were extremely helpful and authorized $160 payout so I can buy my own.
Good deal.. Take the $160 and run! You certainly don't want a replacement of the same mattress!! LOL!
Old 05-04-2017, 03:18 PM   #12

Originally they said they would replace the mattress no problem but I told them I don't want them to waste a mattress because I would probably throw it away or donate it. Sounded like that's not the first time she heard that and was very helpful to go a different direction! Had I left it up to my dealer I think I would still be waiting for a call back...
.............................................Diablew Tune

SEAHAWKS_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #13

Mattress

Jayco replaced ours with the same junk mattress that we had originally and it lasted 3-4 months so we located a mattress manufacturer in Oklahoma City ( can't remember the name ) and had one custom made with memory foam and rounded corners and about 6" narrower than the King ( so much easier to get around ) for $650.00 and we love it Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #14

I had Jayco replace my original mattress under warranty. The second mattress was just like the original, junk. I tossed it out and ordered a custom made from MattressInsiders. Cost around 700+- . All is good now. The special order was an 8" memory foam and it slid right under the closet when the slide was retracted. Lucky for me.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
We will be in the same boat, just put a down payment on a 2016 31FK, and although some may not care, I just can't sleep on a used mattress. We will get a tempurpedic to fit width wise and trim the end ourselves, then put that cut edge up near the wall. I would think it would be pretty easy to trim away a foam mattress like tempurpedic. I'm not sure you reall HAVE to have a rounded mattress..maybe for the corner near the tv? I can't remember how much room is there to squeeze by.
We did this and LOVE IT. We took our mattress to a local upholstery shop where he narrowed the mattress and radius-ed the corners - then modified the Temprupedic cover to fit the multiFoam layers perfectly... .

Be sure that you have clearance when your slide comes in... ours is very close as the mattress slides under the cabinets on the other side of the bedroom.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #16

Quote:
We just picked up a made-to-order mattress for my Father's Eagle 37' 5er from here. I believe he brought in his measurements on a Monday and we brought it home Friday of the same week. Very good people and they take pride in their work.
Welcome To Sterling Mattress Factory

Tags
radius-ed mattress