Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #21

Interesting, we have the Redhawk 26XD, and there is virtually no movement at all. Could it be that you have the Chevy chassis?
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:00 PM   #22

If you already have the brackets you should be able get it installed relatively cheaply.

If not Bigfoot runs sales in the winter in installation if you are willing to drive out to their shop.
TakeItEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Interesting, we have the Redhawk 26XD, and there is virtually no movement at all. Could it be that you have the Chevy chassis?
I wonder, now I'm talking about when were parked. I still would have wanted the chevy because I got a little claustrophrobic in the Ford. But this moves when someone turns over in bed and my husband is never still.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:26 PM   #24

Sounds like a serious Chevy suspension issue, I would suggest that you have it checked out by a Chevy dealer. That is very not right.... Ours, and the two friends of ours that have a 26XDs all feel rock solid when parked. I wonder if you have a broken or maladjusted suspension component?
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Sounds like a serious Chevy suspension issue, I would suggest that you have it checked out by a Chevy dealer. That is very not right.... Ours, and the two friends of ours that have a 26XDs all feel rock solid when parked. I wonder if you have a broken or maladjusted suspension component?
I must admit other issues took precedence over this but hope it was checked. Our first little trip out was a disaster as we were coming home on i95 and suddenly lost all power. The engine shut off. My husband steered us to the shoulder as best he could but we were on a bridge and not totally off the road. It was very scary with cars whizzing by and we are just waiting for impact. My husband was calling AAA (we should have called that net warranty place) and I called the police. 911 said it was not there jurisdiction and gave me another number! The police came and said they smell gas and don't try to start it again. We smell gas too and he said it was too dangerous to wait and called their tow truck people. I asked the cop if I was getting murdered would they make me call another number, he hesitated and said yeah, it's the system. Anyway, we get in the tow truck and they get us off the highway and then going down the road suddenly the driver slams on the breaks and jumps out. He jumped out to chase our RV that broke loose and was rolling down the road!! This was like a movie. They sent for a different truck and loaded it on a flatbed. On our way again and we come to a bridge that we would not fit under since we are high on the flatbed.
Now, I just call Enterprise to come and get us and I don't care what they do with the RV.
Supposedly the fuel line came apart and some sort of clips that hold it weren't there.
It is supposed to be a brand new vehicle so we were really upset but also had trouble getting the proper help since we are new to this whole thing.
Needless to say, it was fixed, and we calmed down.
Till last weekend, we go again close to home and get down the block and the engine light is on. Then it was running rough so we went home. The police pull in the driveway behind us as our security alarm in the house went off. OMG. Every time we are in it we see the police. Thankfully.
Went to the dealer and they put and new sensor or something on so after a few hours we were on our way again.
After getting to the right people this has been handled. (I hope) So we are going to try again. If at first you don't succeed, but really it might be it if anything else goes wrong. Sorry, this is so long, I wasn't going to go into it but since it's resolved we are determined.
So, it has all been checked out, and the motion was the very first night. If it is not normal I may just give up.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #26

Ditto!!
Old 10-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardate View Post
We just bought a 2017 Redhawk 26x1 and had no idea they moved so much. We used to have a sailboat but this motion is different. So, do the Hydraulic Stabilizers really help this and where can you get the installed? The place we bought the RV said they can't install. Is Michigan our only option?
I'm sorry - I'm still not sure if you're referring to the motion while driving or when parked?

If by hydraulic stabilizers, you mean the leveling jacks, then I can say "Yes" they help keep things still when parked.

We had an 2008 Chevy based, 21 footer without them. Now we're in a Greyhawk with them and there's less rockin' when the jacks are down.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:51 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I'm sorry - I'm still not sure if you're referring to the motion while driving or when parked?

If by hydraulic stabilizers, you mean the leveling jacks, then I can say "Yes" they help keep things still when parked.

We had an 2008 Chevy based, 21 footer without them. Now we're in a Greyhawk with them and there's less rockin' when the jacks are down.
It drives fine, I'm talking about parked.