Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2017, 05:26 AM   #1

Seneca 37TS Arrived In RV One Orlando

My 2018 Seneca 37 TS arrived in Orlando two weeks early. I happened to be nearby and stopped in to see it yesterday. It still had all the road grime and all from the trip but I was glad to see it before they did the cleanup. The PDI is scheduled for Thursday. The unit arrived with 2,030 miles on it. They let me drive it and spend a couple hours crawling all through it.

So far I haven't found any major issues. There is a screw missing from the left rear water heater compartment which bowed out a bit but that is about all I found. On Thursday I will bring my quality control supervisor (DW) who has a better eye.

The diesel manager, Terry, showed me around the unit and allowed me to drive it on the interstate and then suggested we drive through town so I can get some experience which was great. While it will not spin the tires, it seems to have enough power and was very pleasant to drive. Unlike my F150 pulling my 28' toy hauler, it was nice to not get pushed around by trucks on the highway. There is still no tow/haul or gear lockout switches on transmission.

While driving in town, the removable Garmin GPS "infotainment" unit lit up and warned me of a low clearance bridge ahead which I thought was very cool. The GPS seems good but I wish the screen was twice as large. I didn't get to play with it but it seems like a good improvement.

The exterior slide out walls are painted black whereas before they had the graphic continue. I always thought the slide walls with the graphic continued makes it look like a high end coach. Oh well.

RVermont: I tried the bed for a bit and it seems comfortable. But without spending the night it's hard to tell.

So far I must say the entire experience with RV One has exceeded my expectations.

Like Javamon said, the finance guy really pushed the extended warranty, which sounds good for 7 years and if you buy it they lower the interest rate from 4.49 to 3.99 which got thinking about it but still at over $7,000 is a bit much.

With all the sleepless nights over this thing, seeing it in person and driving it is making me feel better about my decision.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on the new Seneca. So glad to hear you're happy with the upgrade!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:51 AM   #3

Congratulations Mark! We have had a blast this weekend learning all the new stuff about our Seneca. So far the fit and finish is better than I expected. If you have the dinette that converts into a bed, I would suggest you lower it and raise it to make sure they used the correct screws. Also, we luckily stumbled across something this morning that probably would have killed my house batteries when I got home and parked it. We were outside drinking coffee and decided to ops check the outside TV. When we opened it up, the TV WAS ON but the sound was muted!! WHOA! If they would have left the sound on, it would have been discovered before we left the dealer because you can hear it inside. They also left the outside tv compartment unlocked. So, something to add to your checklist. If yours is like mine, the TV has its own remote to turn it off and on. The DVD player controls the TV sound/volume thru its AUX input. My outside TV has no external controls except to change input source. I think the detailing crews like to listen to the radio / watch TV while they are working.
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #4

Great news Mark. Very excited for you. Am in the waiting game right now.

Bummer on the paint, I had a friend who owns a high end class a comment on the slide out painting says it really made an impressive appearance. Oh well can't have everything. Better get your parking area ready the big rig is coming home.

Best of luck. And have a fun filled week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #5

Seneca Delivery

Congrats, glad to hear very little problems on your units. Mine came off the production line last week. Hope to get the call tomorrow or Tuesday.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:42 PM   #6

Well darn it , Mark. I live about 5 miles away from RV One. I'd go and babysit your rig, but am presently in the DC area waiting for my daughter to have her first child. Should be anytime.
Good luck with your Seneca-- it's always been a dream.

Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Well darn it , Mark. I live about 5 miles away from RV One. I'd go and babysit your rig, but am presently in the DC area waiting for my daughter to have her first child. Should be anytime.
Good luck with your Seneca-- it's always been a dream.

Well thank you very much for that offer to baby sit my Seneca Larry.

Congrats on the new grand baby. My three live in Las Vegas so we don't see them as much as we'd like. Thank goodness for Skype or my wife would fly out there every two weeks. I am really hoping daughter in law will let us take them camping some day.

Enjoy the baby
Old 05-01-2017, 05:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Great news Mark. Very excited for you. Am in the waiting game right now.

Bummer on the paint, I had a friend who owns a high end class a comment on the slide out painting says it really made an impressive appearance. Oh well can't have everything. Better get your parking area ready the big rig is coming home.

Best of luck. And have a fun filled week.

The 17 TS on the lot had the painted sides and it looks so much better. I guess I will need a new way of judging RV values now.

Parking area fill got leveled yesterday so at least I have an area to park. Today's mission is RV insurance, moving money around for the down payment and overnighting paperwork and check back to RV One. I don't think I signed as many papers when I bought a house.

BTW, seems the interest rate is going to be 4.49% unless I buy the $7,000 extended warranty in which case they will drop it to 3.99%. I decided not to buy warranty. My latest internet search shows 4.49 to be the rate at most banks. They will go 15 years which I took and will try to make payments as if a 10 year loan.

PDI is scheduled for Thursday morning and I am still not sleeping
Old 05-01-2017, 06:13 AM   #9

Awesome news!! So jealous!!! Ours is scheduled to be complete this Thursday. Dealer told Me Jayco wants new units out of there within three days, so hopefully we can go see ours next week.
jschulz1720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
The exterior slide out walls are painted black whereas before they had the graphic continue. I always thought the slide walls with the graphic continued makes it look like a high end coach. Oh well.
Can not get this statement out of my mind. It's kind of disappointing that they would not continue the graphics into the slides. I have thought, would this be a deal breaker for me? I love the Jayco brand, but wonder is this has to do with Thor taking over. You spend all this money on a higher end coach and they cut corners on the paint. I did contact Jayco and they confirmed this is a change for the 2018 models.

If you get a chance, take a picture. I would like to see how it actually looks.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschulz1720 View Post
Can not get this statement out of my mind. It's kind of disappointing that they would not continue the graphics into the slides. I have thought, would this be a deal breaker for me? I love the Jayco brand, but wonder is this has to do with Thor taking over. You spend all this money on a higher end coach and they cut corners on the paint. I did contact Jayco and they confirmed this is a change for the 2018 models.

If you get a chance, take a picture. I would like to see how it actually looks.
I totally agree. I was psyched about the water heater and new navigation but then you hear stupid things like this and it takes the wind out of your sail. Not earth shattering but just a cheap unneeded change. That wasn't noted when I called them to ask. They just said truma, solar and garmin. I hope nothing changed on the inside.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #12

Picking it up tomorrow and will post photos in a day or two. How does it look? It looks cheaper. Is it a deal breaker? Not to me, just a disappointment.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:32 AM   #13

On my 2014 Seneca at least the exposed slideout sides are painted the main body color, gold in my case. The painted graphics don't wrap, but I didn't know the newer units are now just black!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Picking it up tomorrow and will post photos in a day or two. How does it look? It looks cheaper. Is it a deal breaker? Not to me, just a disappointment.
I know. More disappointed then anything. Just been looking at pictures and videos while we wait and you get this idea in your head of what it's going to look like.

Good luck tomorrow.