Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2017, 09:03 PM   #21

Ric and Jan, where are you from, we live in Southern IL also. Have 15K miles on our Seneca and love it, drives like a pickup almost as well as a car. We bought an Allegra in TX, got 60 miles down the road and took it back. Told the dealer there was no way I was going to drive that thing all the way back to Southern IL. I didn't care what it cost me I was not taking that thing home. They then showed us the Seneca and we liked it but after driving it we loved it.
byrdbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:39 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdbody View Post
Ric and Jan, where are you from, we live in Southern IL also. Have 15K miles on our Seneca and love it, drives like a pickup almost as well as a car. We bought an Allegra in TX, got 60 miles down the road and took it back. Told the dealer there was no way I was going to drive that thing all the way back to Southern IL. I didn't care what it cost me I was not taking that thing home. They then showed us the Seneca and we liked it but after driving it we loved it.
Seems like there are a lot of Seneca-Owners in S. IL! We are in the Mt. Vernon area
Old 05-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #23

Truck stops are nice, but the prices aren't.

I use truck stops if I have no other choice, b/c they are very convenient and easy to use, but I've noticed they are typically a lot more than other gas stations. For example, going from Georgia to South Carolina on I-85 I noticed that the truck stops were all in the 2.65 range for diesel, but I found a QT that actually had truck lanes for $2.15 right on I-85. .50 cents a gallon makes a big difference on my fuel costs and I'm willing to be inconvenienced some to take advantage of that. I am careful to look at one of my apps like Gas Buddy or similar app to see what the prices are ahead and then look at a satellite image of the station to see if I can get my coach into it easily. Sometime I can't, but sometimes I can. I will sometimes pull into a murphy station, which is normally near a walmart and fill one side, then pull out and turn around in the walmart parking lot and go back to fill the other side. Yes, it is a hassle, but for $15+ at a fueling I can deal with hassle. We sometimes to long trips of 5-6k miles, so if I fill up 10 times and can save $20 on just some of those, then it is worth it to me.

If money was no object, then I'd be at truck stops everytime though.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #24

You have a Freightliner dealer right there in town. We are in Percy about 20 miles west of DuQuoin, have to hook up some time.
byrdbody is offline   Reply With Quote