Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #21
Sam

I have had a similar experience. This past winter while in CA during some heavy rain I noticed water on the floor between the inside steps and the couch. After checking further I noticed the seal on the kitchen slide had not completely unfolded as it should have. I was sure this was the cause of the leak. I had the same thing happen on a 5th wheel that I had previously owned. I have owned the Seneca for two years and this is the only leak that I have had.

We were in Myrtle Beach, SC in October, 2015 during the infamous rain and wind storm for three days with no leaks. We did close the slides during the worst times. I had bragged since, that after we survived that we would never have any leaks, should have not bragged. Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:27 PM   #22

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has installed a topper on their kitchen slide. I think LSA376 was planning to, but I know it is probably early in the season.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Tiger Run Resort, outside of Breckenridge, CO. One of the nicest places we have ever stayed, it actually achieves the definition of "resort" with its many amenities. Not many others so described have done so in our experiences!

My adult daughters (and wife) just shake their heads as my RV projects go on!
Before my question about the Drivers side slide & topper on the 37TS. Robbyr I thought that picture looked familiar, I've been to Tiger Run 3 times only 2.5 hours from our home. I have not taken the Seneca there but 1st trip was with our travel trailer and the other times with our Sundance 5th wheel. Not cheap but very nice resort and much to do in that area
Another Awesome place that we'll be doing this years is Treasure Lake in Branson, MO. Basically 4 large RV parks in one area. This is a membership park which is an affiliate of ours in CO. Don't know if non-members can stay but an EXCELLENT RV resort.
I too had an awing the 2 large windows on our Sundance I may just do this on my Seneca. Where did you get the auto retraction device for your Seneca awing?

Now to my question:
I notice when we extend the large drivers side slide it shakes a bit for the 1st 10 or so seconds. Going outside to watch, it looks and sounds like the topper is causing this as it is very taut. You hear it creak and stretch. Is this normal? The reason I asked, on our first trip (20 miles from our home) while at home I brought the slide in to leave to the site and I heard a noise that was not a pleasant one. Long story short I found that the bolt that holds the bar to the motor was bent and was laying in the storage I did not see the nut which should have been in the storage too. The other Bolt was loose it would not tighten. So off to ACE I went and came back with 4 better Bolts and Nuts this fixed the issue. Also is their any maintenance to do on the toppers.

Thanks
John
Boy
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:01 AM   #24

Can you send a photo of the missing /replaced bolts so I can inspect when I get my unit? Not quite sure where these are located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Can you send a photo of the missing /replaced bolts so I can inspect when I get my unit? Not quite sure where these are located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont,
Sure in a couple of weeks when I get ready for our 2nd trip. The motor and bar are on the driver side storage unit. One unit has the inverter and it continues on to the storage unit to the left. You can easily see the motor and the bar. The passenger side is enclosed and cannot be seen without some major removal of the panel (I think).
Old 05-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
I too had an awing the 2 large windows on our Sundance I may just do this on my Seneca. Where did you get the auto retraction device for your Seneca awing?
I installed the Carefree Direct Response Electronics on my original Travel'r awning which senses excessive movement of the awning due to wind and retracts it automatically under those conditions. Here is a link to the installation instructions:
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/do...t-Response.pdf

However due to a freak storm last summer one of my Travel'r arms was destroyed. Only the arm was damaged; the tube, fabric, and aluminum cover were fine. When talking to Carefree they told me I could replace just that damaged arm. But my last Class C had a Carefree Eclipse awning, which seemed more substantial than the Seneca's Travel'r. When I asked, Carefree explained that the Travel'r was their "budget" patio awning and the Eclipse is their "premium" model. They told me the Eclipse was about 25% more robust. So I installed the Eclipse arms and the Eclipse Direct Response Electronics which offers 3 levels of wind sensitivity.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has installed a topper on their kitchen slide. I think LSA376 was planning to, but I know it is probably early in the season.
Just saw this thread. We had the same issue with our dinette slide on our 38FLSA PINNACLE. After a little pressure and discussion, JAYCO admitted it could be done, but the brackets get mounted upside down. If you do that the fabric will rub the top of the slide, but we've had no issues in 3 years.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Just saw this thread. We had the same issue with our dinette slide on our 38FLSA PINNACLE. After a little pressure and discussion, JAYCO admitted it could be done, but the brackets get mounted upside down. If you do that the fabric will rub the top of the slide, but we've had no issues in 3 years.
Good to know, thanks! Do you happen to know what awning make and model you have?
Old 05-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #29

Quote:
I installed the Carefree Direct Response Electronics on my original Travel'r awning which senses excessive movement of the awning due to wind and retracts it automatically under those conditions. Here is a link to the installation instructions:
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/do...t-Response.pdf

However due to a freak storm last summer one of my Travel'r arms was destroyed. Only the arm was damaged; the tube, fabric, and aluminum cover were fine. When talking to Carefree they told me I could replace just that damaged arm. But my last Class C had a Carefree Eclipse awning, which seemed more substantial than the Seneca's Travel'r. When I asked, Carefree explained that the Travel'r was their "budget" patio awning and the Eclipse is their "premium" model. They told me the Eclipse was about 25% more robust. So I installed the Eclipse arms and the Eclipse Direct Response Electronics which offers 3 levels of wind sensitivity.
Robbbyr
Thanks for the INFO
Old 05-30-2017, 07:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Good to know, thanks! Do you happen to know what awning make and model you have?
I think they are DOMETIC,

Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:21 AM   #31
jdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSA376 View Post
My '16 TS has the same issue with the slide seal not flipping to the correct direction when opening the slide. I'm working towards a solution on that.

After replacing the main slide topper on the driver side (high winds ripped it off the coach) I'm confident that a topper can be added to the kitchen slide. It will need to be a non-covered style (like the standard A&E) to fit under the main awning.

Once I get it ordered I will document the installation as I feel it is necessary to prevent water and debris accumulation and the task of cleaning off the top of the slide before closing.
Hi there,
Did you happen to install the topper on the kitchen slide? I am wanting to install one as well so I am trying to learn something from someone who has completed the project.
Thanks for any info you have.

jdd is offline   Reply With Quote