Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #1

Seneca Back from the Factory

A brief history: I purchased our Seneca out of state in April 2014, the long drive home exposed a slew of issues that the selling dealer never noticed, discovered or resolved during the PDI process.

The next dealer 200 miles from home had the rig for 3.5 months and only resolved 50% of the problems, some of the repairs would require complete re-work while others items were left un-touched.

I was contacted from Roger Johnson of Jayco Customer Service last year who asked that the Seneca come to Indiana for repairs. Last month my schedule finally allowed me to drive the Seneca to Middlebury from California. Once there I met with Scotty Simerman in the service department to completely go over the list of repairs and address all my concerns. While there I went on both the 5th wheel and Greyhawk factory tours, it was really cool.

After a month I was back in Indiana to pickup the Seneca. The factory service team is awesome, the repairs they performed look "factory" like it should have been unlike the attempts at the dealership. I left Indiana Friday afternoon and arrived Sunday in Nor Cal. 14-hour days behind the wheel with high winds gusting to 40MPH and torrential rains, the Seneca averaged 10MPG going 75MPH and handled the conditions with no issues. No leaks either!

It's unfortunate the RV industry is not regulated like the auto industry. I was extremely upset after the purchase of the Seneca due to the many plaguing issues it had. My wife had to remind me of all the issues my prior coaches had and the time it took to "shake out all the bugs". Agreed.

Most RV's have a 1-year warranty. You better get out there and use the RV enough in the first year to discover the problems and get them resolved prior to the end of that 12-month period. Jayco steps up with the two year warranty which I have to say is comforting. I have two friends with new coaches, a Fleetwood and a Country Coach. Both have issues that will never be resolved within the 12-month period let alone further down the road.

Roger and Scotty were awesome, I can' thank them enough for getting the Seneca repaired. By the way, Jayco offered to pickup the coach and transport it to and from Indiana. I elected to transport it myself and use the drive as a good "shake down" to find any other flaws, happy to say it's a stout rig.

On this return trip they were building Seneca's in the factory, that was the best tour getting to see the complete construction process and "seeing" what's behind the walls!

After 4,400 miles roundtrip time to get to cleaning...
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #2

Glad you're happy again! Enjoy!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:44 PM   #3

Glad you got the issues resolved. I have to take ours back for a few more minor issues this fall. Out your way right now in Pahrump halfway through our 4000+ mile vaca.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #4

How's your mileage? I found I would drive 100 miles with the fuel light on and still only put 50 gallons in the tanks.
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:31 PM   #5

Towing our Jeep we took rt 40 across and averaged 9mpg. Stopped in Death Valley for a week, lots of grades to climb. Put 53 gallons in once and the yellow low fuel light was on for over a hour.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:00 PM   #6

This is really a great report! We got our 2016 Seneca 37FS on the 9th of October. Really just a few problems, more a learning curve and trying to figure what all the remotes were for. ;-)

On way home had forward slide refuse to come back in. Back to MotorHomes2Go, after manually cranking in slide. All a good learning experience. Ended up being a third fuse for the slide. A slow blow fuse under the king size bed, behind a panel. Nothing wrong with the fuse, the fuse holder had jarred loose and I guess part of the real "shake down" cruise. Gene said, this was a new piece in the circuit. Probably to reduce a long run of heavy wire.

Can't say enough about the entire service/sales team at MH2Go. And for Jayco to stand behind the warranty is great!
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote