Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #21

I have a .pdf of the manual and found it there too. But Bigfoot (Quadra) doesn't list the valves on their parts website, so I will email them and see what the going rate is. Plus I want to verify my system and panel can actuate the valves and how that takes place.

They probably are $30.00 valves they slap a sticker on and charge $80.00 @!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #22

When I level my Seneca, using auto, i hear the air being dumped from the rear as the leveling process is taking place. Do others not hear this and is my leveling process working differently than other Senecas? Is there more air still to be dumped and this is what you folks are referring to that you would like to dump.
Curious about all the leveling questions, the only time I see tires off the ground is when parked in sloping sites where I would expect the leveling system to be at full range.
RogerSwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #23

Freightliner probably has valves and a dash switch also for when M2 is tractor configuration. With air ride you dump air when hook or unhook.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Dananu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:15 AM   #24

As you imply parts can probably be found cheaper (less expensive) elswhere.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSwann View Post
When I level my Seneca, using auto, i hear the air being dumped from the rear as the leveling process is taking place. Do others not hear this and is my leveling process working differently than other Senecas? Is there more air still to be dumped and this is what you folks are referring to that you would like to dump.
Curious about all the leveling questions, the only time I see tires off the ground is when parked in sloping sites where I would expect the leveling system to be at full range.
What you are hearing is the Airliner dumping air in its attempt to maintain what it believes to be the "correct" ride height. It is not actually dumping all the air from the system which can affect ultimate level. The air bags may still be supporting some of the coach's weight, and when that air slowly leaks down you may find you need to re-level after several hours or days depending on how "tight" your air system is.

You can practically empty all the air by raising the rear manually, sometimes I have to do it twice to exhaust it all. And as a note, if you start the engine during any of this procedure the compressor will just fill it back up! So I do believe a true air dump would save a little time and prevent weird stares when campground neighbors wonder why I am lifting the rear (sometimes off the ground) shortly after I pull in!
Old 06-17-2017, 05:49 AM   #26

I turn on the system and let the lights (indicating how out of level the coach is start flashing) and then hit auto level. For the most part it works very well. Don't seem to have an issue with the coach becoming un-level.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #27

I spoke to Bigfoot (Quadra) today, the Tech I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the systems they installed on the earlier Freightliner Senecas. He enlightened me on several points unique to our units and I thought I would pass it on to the group:

1. He strongly recommends we dump the air to allow the system to work best and level at the lowest possible jack extension. He said to reset "zero" after dumping the air to allow the "Auto" leveling to work best from that point forward.
2. He always wondered why Jayco did not equip our units with an air dump system. Other manufacturers that use jacks on air bag suspensions generally do outfit their units with air dumps.
3. He recommends a dash air dump switch rather than tying it into the leveling panel. He felt giving the driver complete control over the suspension air is a better idea.
4. He believes some M2's already have some of the hardware needed to initiate air dump, but it may need to have a "smart switch" installed and then the multiplexed Freightliner system may need to be "flashed" to enable the system to work, much as I had to have the module flashed to enable the Freightliner fog lights I installed.
5. The "scooting" we experience coming off the jacks is an unavoidable "side effect" of the AirLiner rear suspension geometry. However he did say if the air is dumped the effects are reduced. He also thought chocking the wheels is a good idea if it helps reduce the movement. He admitted the lateral force on the jack cylinders is something we want to reduce or avoid if possible. He also felt the use of jack pads can help, compared to setting the jacks directly on concrete or hard ground. The jacks can more easily "slide" on the pad surface compared to other surfaces reducing the lateral force.

I am going to further research this information, especially the part about the Freightliner hardware and switch. I will report back when I know more.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:39 PM   #28

Thanks Robby!!! Please send our apologies to your other half for any work stoppages on her deck!!! :-)
Old 06-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #29

Thanks for info Rob. DW loves the bed lift as I do. Glad you figured it out. Made it to Anchorage today.
No problems, just have to drive to conditions (slow down).

Old 06-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #30

Please let me know what you find out. I have the equalizer system (not bigfoot) but have the same idea. I have to manually dump my rears by lifting first. I would rather just flip a switch to do it if I could. Having it in the freighliner system would be a plus because there are prob failsafes built into the computer where even if the switch was pushed on accident while driving, if the engine is running and in gear, it wont actually activate the dump.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #31

let mw know what they recomend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I spoke to Bigfoot (Quadra) today, the Tech I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the systems they installed on the earlier Freightliner Senecas. He enlightened me on several points unique to our units and I thought I would pass it on to the group:

1. He strongly recommends we dump the air to allow the system to work best and level at the lowest possible jack extension. He said to reset "zero" after dumping the air to allow the "Auto" leveling to work best from that point forward.
2. He always wondered why Jayco did not equip our units with an air dump system. Other manufacturers that use jacks on air bag suspensions generally do outfit their units with air dumps.
3. He recommends a dash air dump switch rather than tying it into the leveling panel. He felt giving the driver complete control over the suspension air is a better idea.
4. He believes some M2's already have some of the hardware needed to initiate air dump, but it may need to have a "smart switch" installed and then the multiplexed Freightliner system may need to be "flashed" to enable the system to work, much as I had to have the module flashed to enable the Freightliner fog lights I installed.
5. The "scooting" we experience coming off the jacks is an unavoidable "side effect" of the AirLiner rear suspension geometry. However he did say if the air is dumped the effects are reduced. He also thought chocking the wheels is a good idea if it helps reduce the movement. He admitted the lateral force on the jack cylinders is something we want to reduce or avoid if possible. He also felt the use of jack pads can help, compared to setting the jacks directly on concrete or hard ground. The jacks can more easily "slide" on the pad surface compared to other surfaces reducing the lateral force.

I am going to further research this information, especially the part about the Freightliner hardware and switch. I will report back when I know more.
I am with you having on a dash switch as I have found draining the tank does not drain the air from the bags must have a check valve in the system. As with the air horns send me part numbers and the wiring diagrams and it shall happen, thanks gord
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:38 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2retire&drive View Post
I am with you having on a dash switch as I have found draining the tank does not drain the air from the bags must have a check valve in the system. As with the air horns send me part numbers and the wiring diagrams and it shall happen, thanks gord
Will work on it and share information after we get back from our upcoming New England trip. Leaving Friday, going up with a former Seneca FS owner who "defected" to a Dynamax Force HD triple-slide laid out inside like my TS! I just hope he doesn't leave me too far behind on the hills with his 8.9 Cummins!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2retire&drive View Post
My gears upstairs are spinning and I also plan to incorporate a warning buzzer into the switch wiring such that if the air bags are "dumped" and the ignition is "on", the buzzer will sound. Driving on empty bags is damaging to the bags and to our backsides!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:43 PM   #34

I went out this weekend and tried something different with mine that may help others with the airliner scoot. Rather than retract my jacks, I started the main and let the bags air up, which actually picked the jacks up a few inches off the ground. As best I can tell, the whole rig stayed put.

If we could incorporate that with the air dump switch, we would be %*#&*ing in high cotton. :-)

Also, I saw a Renegade Verona by IWS that has this switch on the dash, I believe that it was part of the multiplex freighter system. It could be, we just need to install a few components and have the system flashed.