Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
If you have an invoice for this work that details part#, etc, it would be very helpful if you could post it. Would like to discuss this with my Freightliner shop. Thanks.
do you also have pictures of the addition?
brtnsnwbrds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:02 PM   #42

Freightliner into

I do not have pictures and cannot locate the invoice. I do have the number and name of the service manager that recommended the fix and completed the installation. The company in Farmington NM is the Lone Star truck group Farmington Freightliner. The service manager’s Name is Daniel Bradshaw, Toll free number is 800-836-8230.
Daniel told me he had made this fix on another motor home and it worked so he suggested same for ours. Worked for us.
Nogara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:32 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogara View Post
I do not have pictures and cannot locate the invoice. I do have the number and name of the service manager that recommended the fix and completed the installation. The company in Farmington NM is the Lone Star truck group Farmington Freightliner. The service manager’s Name is Daniel Bradshaw, Toll free number is 800-836-8230.
Daniel told me he had made this fix on another motor home and it worked so he suggested same for ours. Worked for us.
Farmington, NM. Just went thru there in March. Thanks for the info...I'll give him a call.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:37 AM   #44

Thanks, Nogara for your post. I emailed Daniel about the check valve part number. This is his reply.

Jim.
What we did is install check valve (BW K112234) in air tank where main supply line from air compressor ties into air tank. With check valve in place it takes the vibration from air entering air tank away. Warranty should pay if still have warranty on unit. Hope this helps.
jxn2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #45

Quote:
He said adding an inline check valve will mute the noise and that the tanks have an automatic dump that should keep things dry.
Makes me wonder that going without an air dryer is not such a bad thing, compressor noises aside. Thanks for the check valve P/N. Now if Freightliner could just come up with a hushed radiator fan . . . .
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #46

I took my Seneca to Freightliner today for service and showed the service writer your email. He looked puzzled as he read it and went to his warranty administrator. He can back and said they have never heard of this but would do it under warranty.

Hopefully this will solve the noise issue as it did yours. Thanks for posting.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #47

What email?
Old 10-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #48

This email Ryan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxn2083 View Post
Thanks, Nogara for your post. I emailed Daniel about the check valve part number. This is his reply.

Jim.
What we did is install check valve (BW K112234) in air tank where main supply line from air compressor ties into air tank. With check valve in place it takes the vibration from air entering air tank away. Warranty should pay if still have warranty on unit. Hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:36 PM   #49

Quote:
Thank you for the part number and information I did look it up and it appears it might be easy enough for me to add the check valve at $21. Did you significantly notice a difference in noise?
brtnsnwbrds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:30 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I took my Seneca to Freightliner today for service and showed the service writer your email. He looked puzzled as he read it and went to his warranty administrator. He can back and said they have never heard of this but would do it under warranty.

Hopefully this will solve the noise issue as it did yours. Thanks for posting.

Was the quieting significant? I guess anything is an improvement. What an embarrassment driving thru an RV park with that damn thing clanging away. Sure would appreciate if you could post a few pictures. The round-trip to Freightliner is 120 miles so I would prefer to just buy the valve and install myself. Thanks!
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:51 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
Was the quieting significant? I guess anything is an improvement. What an embarrassment driving thru an RV park with that damn thing clanging away. Sure would appreciate if you could post a few pictures. The round-trip to Freightliner is 120 miles so I would prefer to just buy the valve and install myself. Thanks!
I am hoping it will be ready for pick up today. I’ll let you know.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #52

A couple of thoughts.

If you are using your rig in the freezing cold and have air brakes a couple thoughts.

The new S2RV chassis do have air dryers. Seems to tell me that they feel these are important to have on the chassis.

The auto dump valves on the older m2 are designed for elimination of condensate and do an effective job. However these are not heated and running these in cold weather can cause the valves to freeze open. I had this experience last winter even though i had the dryer installed.
Unfortunately there was still enough moisture to freeze the valve open and I could not maintain air. I had to climb under the rig and blow with hot air to get the unit to seal.

Bendix makes the air dump valve in two configurations, a unheated unit and a heated unit that keeps the valve operational in cold weather. I plan on getting the unit upgraded to the heated model.

One note on the air dryer is that while the compressor is almost silent in the cab, the cleaning/vent function when the compressor shuts off is very loud. A sudden loud rush of air can make you jump, especially if you working on the unit and near the dryer when it vents. The first few times i drove the unit after the upgrade i questioned my decision, now i hardly ever notice the sound
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #53

I picked up my Seneca from Freightliner this morning. So either they disconnected my compressor or the check valve on the tank is working. I did not hear the compressor driving home. So I am very happy with the improvement.
I crawled under the RV when I go home to take some photos to share but I could not find any changes to the connections to the air tanks. So I either don’t know what I am looking for or they really did disconnect the compressor. LOL
I will go back out when it cools down a bit and look further.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:11 PM   #54

I went back out and can’t find anything new on the tanks. Where is the compressor located? Maybe they installed the check valve coming off the compressor.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:57 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I went back out and can’t find anything new on the tanks. Where is the compressor located? Maybe they installed the check valve coming off the compressor.
Driver's side near rear of engine down low, almost at frame rail level.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Driver's side near rear of engine down low, almost at frame rail level.
Can someone that got this done please post a photo of the addition. I have the part and assuming it was added to the actual compressor and not the air tanks.

Thanks
FYIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #57

Send me a photo of the part and I will crawl under the RV tomorrow and see if I can find it.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #58

This is the part.

And here is "I believe" the compressor, but 100% sure. It's frame level on drivers side.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed8kc2izjh...0380.jpeg?dl=0

Again, thank you.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #59

Here is the part and also what I believe is the compressor but not 100% sure. It's frame level on the drivers side.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0387.jpg   IMG_0380.jpg  
Old 11-12-2018, 05:41 AM   #60

Check valve is installed on the top front of the air tank. Photo taken from driver’s side. I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
E3E7CDB7-B861-4611-9542-1E5F10FD06A6.jpg   BF2C19BD-7219-4FC6-BB9E-DD3CCE750FA5.jpg