Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2017, 06:47 AM   #21

I believe the dealers make money on what they have in stock. Times are very good for RV sales. No real need to special order. The repair end of it is problematic since they have to go thru all the different suppliers for warranty. Be thankful if you get a well built rig otherwise the service end of RV'ing can be enough to make you get out. New or used it pays to be mechanically savvy.
Capt. Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:50 AM   #22

P.S. I would look for a slightly used rig with many of the bugs ironed out. Like the well known saying" they don't make them like they used to".
Capt. Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Rich View Post
P.S. I would look for a slightly used rig with many of the bugs ironed out. Like the well known saying" they don't make them like they used to".
I hope there's a market for this because I think we are going to sell ours and get a class a next year. It's been a month and 2000 miles, but that's what it took to really know how we'll use the rig and what amenities matter the most.
AGGIE00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGIE00 View Post
I hope there's a market for this because I think we are going to sell ours and get a class a next year. It's been a month and 2000 miles, but that's what it took to really know how we'll use the rig and what amenities matter the most.

What don't you like? What are you missing from a class a? What class a model has what you're looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #25

Yes, I'm interested as well
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #26

Our RV experience is limited to 2 trips so far, so take it for what it's worth. You should also know I've had a class B and A CDL where I drove busses in college and a tractor trailer some for work just out of college. In both cases they were governed at 72mph and very comfortable to drive at those speeds. My expectation was a similar driving experience. The Seneca is nowhere close. Not even remotely. I think it has a lot to do with weight, where the Seneca is fairly light for its size. I've ordered the BluOx trucenter hoping to correct the issue. We'll see. So this is the biggest reason since a 4 hour drive is exhausting.

Now for how we intended to use it. If we had lots of time to get from point a to b it would probably be different. We thought an rv would be great because I don't get a lot of scheduled or extended vacations from work. The bunk model seemed the most appropriate with our three kids so they could sleep while my wife and I tag team driving through the night. The living room would be adequate for the amount of time we'd spend there. We now know a much larger living room is far more important than all the beds. Gaining the cockpit space for living is huge. Plus everyone can see out the windshield while traveling in a class A. No engine noise up front would be fantastic. I don't understand how the 6.7 is so quiet in my truck but clatters like crazy in the rv, and I'm not talking about fan noise. I'm not talking about just any class a though. It will take IFS and a tag to get to where we want to be. We're at the point where it makes sense to spend a good bit more to get what we'll enjoy and use instead of where we're at to probably not use it much.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #27

Sorry your Seneca experience hasn't been all you hoped for. I hope you can find what you are looking for in another unit. Have you looked at the Entegra units by Jayco?

I guess I am very fortunate, my Seneca handles great and 75 through the Southwest last summer was very comfortable. And coming from two prior Ford Class C's I find the engine noise from my Cummins less annoying than my prior Fords. I have driven both gas and DP Class A's, and prefer the driving dynamics of my Seneca far more than either other type. But that is just me.

Good luck in your future search, hopefully someone snatches up your Seneca.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:09 PM   #28

Thx Rob. We all have our preferences and none are wrong. These are just things I wish I'd know about us more than the rig before we bought. I'm very hopeful about the trucenter though. We'll be driving it to Ruidoso for the 4th try it out.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:12 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis02 View Post
I think that the dealers just miss the level of interest in the Seneca. I don't care what campground we're in. Even if there's a custom prevost next to us, folks always want to come talk about the "Freightliner".

It struck me as odd when we had to drive several hours to see ours and I worried that because they weren't popular that they might be the wrong choice. -Glad I found this forum when we were deciding!!

My wife and I think the same about the uniqueness of the Frieghtliner and that people would be dying to check it out. I haven't seen any Super C motor homes in all the years I've been camping.
sconlon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGIE00 View Post
I will say this about the Seneca over a class A, and I know most class C owners will agree on some issues. First, think about the safety factor when you are purchasing this huge Semis. The Seneca (and every C out there) has two huge advantages; there are feet of steel in front of you which offers protection, and the front seats are bolted to steal (even Entegra bolts them to plywood). Second, you will need a very high end Diesel pusher to get an 8000 watt gen and 10,000 towing.

Just my two cents, but consider your safety.
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote