Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #1

Seneca - Fresh Water Tank Chlorination

On our previous MH there was an additional fresh water tank fill port that you could simply pour whatever into and it made its way to the fresh water tank. This port was behind a locked door to prevent tampering. I used this port to conveniently dose the tank with bleach periodically (not to sanitize the entire fresh water system). Is there an equivalent method for the Seneca? I assume you have to attach an aspirator of some sort to the city fill connection and drop a line into the bleach bottle to siphon the bleach in with the city water.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #2

Someone with a '16 Seneca will chime in, but in case Jayco used the same Water Control Panels on Greyhawks and Senecas...

On mine, I flip the valves to Country Fill. And yes, I have a short hose that aspirates from a gallon jug where I have 2 cups of bleach in a gallon of water.

Insert the hose, Flip the pump on, suck it from the jug, then do a City Fill.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #3

Unfortunately no gravity fill on our Senecas. You should have received a short section of hose with a male garden hose fitting in one end and nothing in the other.

I always mix a diluted solution of bleach and water in a 5-gallon bucket and draw the solution into the lines using the sanitize/winterize lines valve setting. Once going I open each fixture until I get bleach smell. If I have leftover mix in the bucket then I set valves to country fill and put rest into freshwater tank. Then I mix another bucket of stronger bleach mix and put all of it into water tank. Then I hook up city water (turning valves to city fill) and fill water tank. Then I let it sit a while, then flush everything out thoroughly several times. I drain and fill water tank several times; have plenty of time to do other chores while that is going on!

I do wish there was a gravity fill sometimes.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #4

Take a look at how the RV Geeks did it. They put a bleach mix in the water filter, then You would switch to country fill which passes the water through the filter housing and into the tanks. That would carry the bleach mix into the tank where it will be diluted with all the water. Not going to take any credit for this idea but knew it would work on the Seneca.
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote