Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #1

Seneca HJ HDMI TV Wiring

I have a 2015 Seneca HJ and a DISH vip211Z receiver. The receiver is set up for using HDMI or video/audio cables to the TV but no coax to the TV.
Has anyone run an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV? If so, how did you get the TV out of the cabinet and run the HDMI cable to the receiver?
Another option I read about is using an RF modulator?

Another issue I'm having is with using the ceiling speakers for sound out of the TV. I have tried setting the radio to AUX 1 and 2 with no sound. Any suggestions?

Dale
Mtntrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #2

Dale, hope someone jumps in here with a real answer. The entertainment cabinet front has wooden plugs that cover the front faceplate screws. This will then give you access to run the HDMI cable from the shelf where your receiver sits. You will then be able to see if audio out cables are hooked to the back of the TV that should run to the Jensen in the dash. I have not pulled my TV yet but have the same problem plus really can't hear the audio from the TV speakers threw the cabinet walls. I think that is why the 2016's have two holes cut in the face plate.. Let us know what you find.
Old skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:43 AM   #3

Thank you for your input. I will see what is behind the TV and let you know.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:17 AM   #4

We were told by Dish that we could only use the VIP211 in our Seneca. But they did not give a reason. Have our's hooked up with the coax cable, picture is great but we too are having speaker issues. When air is run we can hardly hear the tv sound even with it turned wide up.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #5

2JayBirds, the 211K needs to be used because it has provision for composite video. Jayco went the cheap route with wiring - composite (3 wires) resulting in low def viewing. Component video (5 wires) would have been better and provided higher def. The 211Z is HDMI only.

On my class A I used a HDMI to component video converter for a 211Z and Dish prevented me from viewing some channels.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:16 PM   #6

Well our VP211 is a clear as a bell hooked up with the better coax cable. Really don't think it could get any better.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:51 AM   #7

Air Conditioning in the confined areas of RV's can really cause the blower to almost control conversations and the noise level. You might want to try a "Serene Portable Bluetooth Speaker". Originally got one for Father in law, who is hard of hearing, and now we have got a number of them for use around the house and RV. I guess we are unwilling to admit our hearing may be going, also.

Not associated with this product in any way.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #8

Thank you all for your input.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #9

Dish themselves told me the VP211 was all I could use in the Seneca. It's hooked up getting all the same channels I can get in my home, picture is very clear just as it is in the house and now that we have the radio set on Aux2 the sound is also working loud and clear too. No other changes or additions have been made.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #10

Seneca HDMI

Having a problem getting our TV's hooked up to our dish antenna. We have a Seneca 36 FK and I cannot find wires coming from the dish antenna. I know I need receivers but do not know where cables from the antenna are run to. I took the trim piece off of the cabinet around the TV but the TV is mounted so tight to the wall I can't determine what wires are going into the back of it. Appears there are two three conductor cords plugged in but impossible to tell without uninstalling the TV. Anyone have any ideas?
THANKS
Woodcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #11

Ours if a over cab TV in the 37TS. It has conjunction box where cables hook up and a white plate switch to go between the sattelite dish or campground cable.
Maybe you manual for TV or Seneca will tell you where these are. Could be behind a drawer that might be close to the TV. Some of our Seneca switches and fuze boxes are located in places like that. Hope this helps some. You can also try giving Jayco a call or your dealer where purchased from. They should be able to tell you.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #12

Ours if a over cab TV in the 37TS. It has conjunction box where cables hook up and a white plate switch to go between the sattelite dish or campground cable.
Maybe you manual for TV or Seneca will tell you where these are. Could be behind a drawer that might be close to the TV. Some of our Seneca switches and fuze boxes are located in places like that. Hope this helps some. You can also try giving Jayco a call or your dealer where purchased from. They should be able to tell you.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #13

Hdmi

Must say Jayco could have made installing TV's etc easier had they run HDMI cables through the camper.

My friends HJ has the ent. ctr near the door, we removed the face frame and then removed the TV from the wall, there are mounting bolts holding the TV mount in place.

Once that operation was complete we then installed a HDMI from the Sat Box, drilled a hole to drop the cable behind the TV and hooked the HDMI to Input 1.

The Cable from the Sat box is mounted on the bulkhead upper shelf using coax from there to the Sat Box, in this case DirecTV.

It is imperative you install the right combo again in this Case DirecTV, in the settings of Sat Box you need to select the proper config. then allow the box to set up and hopefully you'll have TV.

Now you can re-install the TV Mounting Bracket, the TV, put the face trim back on and watch ur TV....

I was actually somewhat impressed that the In-Motion actually worked more or less, I'm sure on the highway more and on the windy treed back roads much less.

Good Luck
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:03 AM   #14

Walt not sure of everything they did to fix our tv's so they would work properly but the VP211 is working great and is picking up all our HD channels great. Can tell a very clear difference between a regular channel and the HD channel. Surround sound and all working perfectly now. Guess you can say we are Happy Campers now. Well as soon as my husband gets rid of his kidney stones so we can travel again.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:24 PM   #15

I pulled the TV cabinet frame and connected the HDMI cable to the TV then drilled a hole to run the HDMI cable to the VP211Z. Will find out it this will work once I activate DISH service.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #16

Sat

Remember folks,

ONE Box one TV......if you can run HDMI to the back TV, Ext TV you can watch TV but what ever is on the Single BOX, unless you pony up for addtl boxes.

Just a FYI
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #17

Tracker.

We have one box and we are watching tv on all three tv's. If you mean we can only watch the same channel TV and box is hooked too is set on. I'll have to check and see for sure on that, but I think we had front TV and bedroom TV on different channels. Will double check that we I get a chance.