Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #1

Seneca inverter

Hi all. I have a 2014 Seneca with a 1800 inverter. Has anybody tried to use your inverter plug while the engine is running? I put a extension cord from my TV plug over my bunk to run a fan while I drive. It cuts off as soon as I start the engine. The only plugs that seem to work with the inverter are the micro and the TV over the bunk. I emailed Jayco and asked if they could email me a wiring diagram and they said not while it's under warranty. Does anybody know how I can find the diagram? Thanks, Chuck
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #2

The inverter usually only feeds one outlet. I don't know about the engine running. I don't think it would be an issue.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #3

Go to this thread:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...th-ignition-on
Old 10-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #4

Thanks Grumpy. I took my TV plug out and it has the same setup as Troy M posted. I will do the same as he did. BTW, my inverter is wired to the micro plug also. Thanks, Chuck
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ci4mynewf View Post
Thanks Grumpy. I took my TV plug out and it has the same setup as Troy M posted. I will do the same as he did. BTW, my inverter is wired to the micro plug also. Thanks, Chuck
JAYCO switched to the 1800 watt (which I also have) from the 400 in late 08 when they did that they included both TV's and the micro. I added an extra receptacle below the micro so we can run the Crock-pot while driving if needed. That way dinner is ready when we get to our destination. Just leave it in the sink and it doesn't slide around.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #6

Where is the 12V connector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
JAYCO switched to the 1800 watt (which I also have) from the 400 in late 08 when they did that they included both TV's and the micro. I added an extra receptacle below the micro so we can run the Crock-pot while driving if needed. That way dinner is ready when we get to our destination. Just leave it in the sink and it doesn't slide around.
I just acquired a 2005 Jayco Granite ridge 3100SS and I'd like to find the inverter output to use for my CPAP machine. If there isn't one I'd like to find a 12V supply and use my own inveter.

Thanks to everyone for the excellent information.

Dave & Joan
Rapid City, SD
dugan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #7

Unless the previous owner added one it wasn't even an option. The converter and associated fuses should be under the bed on the driver's side unless they made major changes.

I would pick the power up there since you can connect directly to the battery leads with your own fused connection just for your inverter. You will need to remove that shelf/box that runs down the driver's side under the bed to get to the back of the inverter..