Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #21

For those who have seen some of my posts you know I am nuts. Here is my extensive list, have many more ideas I am considering!

If anyone has any questions would be happy to answer whatever I can.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014 Seneca 37TS mods.pdf (47.6 KB, 134 views)

Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Here is my extensive list, have many more ideas I am considering!

WOW! That's is a lot!!! You have been busy

Old 09-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #23

Quote:
How much you want for a set?
I'm not at my office today so I can't look it up but PM me and I can get you a price. I had to buy a big sheet and shipping was a killer. The material is .063" so they are very sturdy. Seems like I have about $70ish in material (including shipping). Only takes a couple minutes to cut & bend them.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:45 PM   #24

Am looking at the fog light upgrade do you have the part numbers as my freightliner dealer is drawing a blank on what I might need thanks gord
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:02 PM   #25

Attached is a PDF of the quick installation instructions and it includes the Freightliner part numbers. They likely have been superseded, but it will give the parts guy the new valid numbers when they look them up. The prices are also probably higher now! The instructions were mostly plagiarized from another user on the forum. I tweaked it just a bit.

I also have a picture of my revised dash switches, you can see I also moved my dash switches around to make the O/D cancel switch easier to get at since I don't use the mirror heat hardly at all. I have also installed air horns and have a Freightliner switch on the dash that lets me select either the air horns or the regular electric horn. There is also a switch marked "OPT" that turns the sideview cameras off so they don't override the Navigation screen when I am making frequent turns in a downtown environment. I laid out the new holes by carefully removing all switches so I could lay the panel flat, then I marked the exact cutout and used my Dremel cutoff wheel to cut the metal. Tried to go slightly undersized then filed until the switches fit.

Good luck, happy to answer any questions I can!
Attached Thumbnails
Reconfigured dash switches.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Freightliner fog light installation.pdf (42.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #26

THanks I have ordered by the part numbers you sent me, freightliner has to order everything from the US cost about 710.00 then its 185.00 to program. I am also interested in the air horn set up as the truck horn is kinda weak. do you have the parts number breakdown for rhes as well? thanks gord
Old 09-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #27

The air horns were significantly more complicated than the fog lights! Tapping into both air and electric systems, and making sure the new horns (and the regulated air fill station I added) cannot compromise the chassis air system. Would not want the parking brake to pop on unexpectedly because of an unintentional loss of air pressure!

Here is the link to the post I created documenting the addition, in that post is a link to a photo album containing more pictures:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ill-35437.html

I would be happy to clarify anything you might have questions about. The air horns are so much better, truly befitting the size of rig we have!
Old 09-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #28

Hi Robb I got your list for the horn my dealer cannot order the swith into canada is there a contact you have I can get in touch with directly? Also what pig tail did you use to wire in the connector? Man it's tough rigging up in Canadaall the parts for fog lights come in at 700.00 once I install them my dealer quoted 185.00 to program appreciate all your help in this thanks gord
Old 09-14-2016, 03:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2retire&drive View Post
Hi Robb I got your list for the horn my dealer cannot order the swith into canada is there a contact you have I can get in touch with directly? Also what pig tail did you use to wire in the connector? Man it's tough rigging up in Canadaall the parts for fog lights come in at 700.00 once I install them my dealer quoted 185.00 to program appreciate all your help in this thanks gord
The air/electric horn switch came from a fire truck supply company, FireLine Equipment. Here is a link to the specific switch on their site: https://firelineequipment.com/produc...orns-electair/

I am known to be somewhat "picky" so I made my own pigtail using the same connector and spade terminals that Freightliner uses. Took a lot of research to locate, but the finished product looks just like Freightliner did it. But you could use regular spade terminals on the back of the switch if you wanted. I even hooked up the illumination so at night the switch lettering lights up like the other dash switches. But in case you want to go "all out" here is where I sourced the connector and terminals: Terminals & Connectors
The connector (without terminals) is TCSales part 15393805, the small terminal (for lighting and ground) is 12015869, the larger terminal (for the actual horn circuit) is 12015870.

Being here in the States I did not realize what difficulties those of you up North encounter getting parts sometimes. Getting an education!
Old 09-15-2016, 01:56 PM   #30

Thanks Robbbyr! I have downloaded your pdf and have saved it to my Seneca folder. Lots of interesting upgrades...the Sirius/XM trucker antenna got my immediate attention. Could you post a picture so I can see how the wiring is attached to the mirror frame and where the antenna wire enters the cab. Been a Sirius/XM subscriber for years....definitely want the capability in my Seneca. Thx!!

javamon is offline   Reply With Quote