Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2016, 05:24 AM   #41

Winegard Mission to Trav'ler Swap

I recently removed the Mission dish that only gets SD DirecTV for the Trav'ler that gets HD. I finished off the job by adding power, coax and HDMI at the outside entertainment center in order to connect the mini DirecTV box that will feed off the main box at the inside entertainment center. I'm still debating adding the Blu-ray player and I could always use the HDMI input for Blu-ray as well. I used textured paint on the outside entertainment center to match the Leviton switch plates.

Next I'd like to swap the outside TV for the 39" Furrion that Jayco is now using. So I need to get busy getting one of those adaptor brackets made (like Robbyr fabricated) so that I can add the articulating arm as well.

If you are thinking about doing this then definitely purchase "loop" stock from Winegard and put your Mission unit on eBay. I was able to sell it for $700 and purchase the Trav'ler from Winegard for $950 plus shipping. I thought this was a great deal.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2998a.jpg   IMG_2970[1].jpg   IMG_2969[1].jpg   IMG_2958[1].jpg  
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer or 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:24 AM   #42

Looks great! Nice job.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #43

Thanks. I think you and I may be related!
Old 10-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #44

New cab bunk ladder and central vacuum system

First the bunk ladder:
The original cab bunk ladder Jayco supplied with my Seneca was very uncomfortable to climb in bare feet, even my young grandsons complained. I purchased an aftermarket RV bunk ladder from Amazon, it had wider rubber-covered rungs, but was flimsy and still hard on the feet.

I recently decided I needed to do something better. So I sourced a "shelf ladder" from Amazon which is somewhat like half a stepladder. I then fabricated two adapters out of 1/8' steel stock. I riveted these adapters to the outer beams, and the top of the adapters were heated and bent to form hooks for attaching to the existing bunk. I then painted the whole ladder in black textured finish.

New ladder is very sturdy, no deflection at all. And the rungs don't hurt the feet! I still may cover the rungs in carpet so they are not are not so cold.

Here is the Amazon link for the ladder: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now the vacuum:
I also finished installing an Intervac central vacuum system today. I located it in the the void space in the sink base on my TS. I had to slightly modify the cabinet below the sink, but that cabinet is relatively useless anyway. We haven't found anything to store there so far, maybe just spare vacuum bags for now! Should make cleaning up easier than messing with the portable vacuum we use now.
Attached Thumbnails
New ladder.jpg   Intervac central vacuum.jpg  
Old 10-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #45

I really like that vacuum! Might be my next upgrade. I don't think my 37FS has a cabinet like yours but I'm thinking I could mount it in a lower storage compartment.
AaronM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronM View Post
I don't think my 37FS has a cabinet like yours but I'm thinking I could mount it in a lower storage compartment.
I was lucky I had a void space to work with, I didn't lose but a fraction of a relatively useless cabinet on the front of the sink base.

InterVac makes a "remote mount" model of the same unit that has a interior hose connection you can place inside the unit and use hose to connect to the power unit itself.

Here is their website if you had not already found it: InterVac Product Lines
Old 10-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #47

Lightweight aluminum ladder

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	27297

I didn't like my ladder that came with our Jayco, so I made one for about $5.00. The design is not my idea, but it works so much better than the stock ladder. I visited our local metal scrap yard, found a 6ft. Aluminum ladder. I cut the support legs off the back of the ladder, and left them at the scrap yard. I then measured the ladder, and cut it to the correct length. Next I Reinstalled the rubber feet for the bottom of the ladder. I made the ladder hooks out of strapping, and bolted them to the top of the ladder. I then cleaned it up, and gave it a coat of paint. The last thing I did was cover the steps with carpet, as well as the top of the ladder. It works great is very stable, and easy on the feet! Robby, yours looks great!
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #48

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
I have just ran into an issue with my shower light, sink light and exterior lights. The fuse keeps blowing. I know there is a short but I was wandering if this may have been something that others have come across and I can get a quick fix before i start ripping things apart to find the short.(Not what i want to do)
97 Jeep Wrangler
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:06 PM   #49

Wow, I don't know. Try pulling each bulb out one at a time, see if the fuse still blows. If it doesn't that light may be the problem.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:10 PM   #50

Added an Atwood range

Since we got our Seneca the DW and I have missed the propane oven our last two motorhomes had. Yes the Seneca has the convection microwave, and it did "okay" baking most items. But the Frigidaire Conv/MW oven has less capacity than the traditional RV ovens. And if you are using the Conv/MW to bake part of your dinner, you can't also microwave something else simultaneously and have a meal all come together when you need it to. We frequently cook for 4 or more and we eat many meals at the RV. After some research I decided on an Atwood RA-2135BGPA part #52782 range. This is a black, 21" oven, sealed burner, black glass door range. It better "matches" the Conv/MW than the original grey Suburban cooktop did.

We knew we would lose one storage drawer, but it is a small price to pay in our opinion. Installation was actually quite straightforward, I am very pleased on how it worked out. I have to find more unglazed tiles for the bottom to help even out the oven's heat, a trick we learned long ago with our first RV.

Next trip Halloween weekend to Gettysburg, can't wait to put it to real use!
Attached Thumbnails
New Atwood range.jpg  
Old 10-20-2016, 07:32 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Since we got our Seneca the DW and I have missed the propane oven our last two motorhomes had. Yes the Seneca has the convection microwave, and it did "okay" baking most items. But the Frigidaire Conv/MW oven has less capacity than the traditional RV ovens. And if you are using the Conv/MW to bake part of your dinner, you can't also microwave something else simultaneously and have a meal all come together when you need it to. We frequently cook for 4 or more and we eat many meals at the RV. After some research I decided on an Atwood RA-2135BGPA part #52782 range. This is a black, 21" oven, sealed burner, black glass door range. It better "matches" the Conv/MW than the original grey Suburban cooktop did.

We knew we would lose one storage drawer, but it is a small price to pay in our opinion. Installation was actually quite straightforward, I am very pleased on how it worked out. I have to find more unglazed tiles for the bottom to help even out the oven's heat, a trick we learned long ago with our first RV.

Next trip Halloween weekend to Gettysburg, can't wait to put it to real use!
That looks great, Rob. I'm not sure my DW could do without our silverware drawer though. I finally got my center console wired in this week. That thing is a great addition!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #52

Thanks. We need to do some rearranging, but we feel it will be relatively easy.

Love the console too!
Old 10-21-2016, 12:44 PM   #53

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
I am interested in how you ran power to all 120v outlets with inverter? I want to do the same
97 Jeep Wrangler
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuhlmanaZ View Post
Below is a list of many of the mods we have made to our 2013 Seneca in which we live fulltime:

- Air system to inflate tires and run air tools
- TPMS
- Automatic dash camera system
- 640 watt of solar panels
- Victron solar controller
- Trimetric BMS
- SeaLevel digital tank level system
- 5 USB charging stations
- thermostatic shower valve
- 360 syphon roof vents
- LED under-canopy lighting system
- All lighting converted to LED
- Outlets under bathroom sink to power toothbrushes and shaver
- All 120volt outlets on inverter
- Genturi generator vent system
- Apple TV system for televisions
- WIFI Ranger Ti system
- Wilson Cellular Booster
- 8 location remote thermometer system
- fresh water hose reel
- thermostatically controlled electric basement heat
- Added pass thru storage to main front basement compartment
- Fresh water tank support system

Couple projects in the works to soon be completed:
- Gray water recycling system to toilet flushing
- Hot water recirculation to fresh water tank system

We have covered some of these mods on our Youtube channel along the way KuhlOdyssey
... checked your videos... thanks for the feedback on the Laptop Table. I checked them out, but they did not seem to carry the same stand, or it looks a lot different on the video.
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #55

Rob.
You'll have the look us up while your in Gettysburg. That's 30 minutes from us. It would be great to get together with you.
I finished the air horn and switch for the sideview cameras last week. Now I'm working on adding a CB by adding the center overhead storage compartment that's an option that Jayco doesn't order or chassis with. I had a local guy fabricate a faceplate for me as the factory pocket is covered by faceplate that continues down and has map lights which we don't need.
Got it all wired up through the fuse panel I added for the center console. Even added a relay for ignition power.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3033.jpg   IMG_3031.jpg  
Old 10-23-2016, 06:13 PM   #56

Just finished up after getting back from camping this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3045.jpg  
Old 10-23-2016, 06:22 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shultz01 View Post
Just finished up after getting back from camping this weekend.
Looks good!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:09 AM   #58

Haven't been on here for awhile, only excuse is enjoying life too much. October 9, 2016 marked our one year of living in our 2016 37FS. Very satisfied. Really enjoy reading about the mods and have adapted many ourselves. Thanks for all that have posted. .
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #59

Do you have any pics of the fresh water tank support system or a brief description? My tank looks more like a bladder than a tank as it is very deformed.
jcs1880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:24 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Jan View Post
I am interested in how you ran power to all 120v outlets with inverter? I want to do the same
I would love to have this info also
mrplumr is offline   Reply With Quote