Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2015, 08:35 AM   #21
Sam

How much oil does the Seneca Cummins engine take ? And if you don't mind how much did your service cost ? Thanks Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #22

Sam, a suggestion if you don't mind…start a new thread for your oil capacity question. Someone else may be interested in your question, or be able to answer it, but will never see it within the Seneca brake recall thread.

Just a suggestion

Walt
2015 Seneca 36 FK
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:30 AM   #23

According to my information 15 quarts of oil.

I have not changed mine yet (only 1,900 miles) but I will take it in after my upcoming trip. Still won't have anywhere near 15K miles, but from a time standpoint I don't want to stretch it out longer. Should have around 5K when I take it in August.

Plan to use my local Freightliner dealer (Young Truck Sales, Canton, OH), they have been excellent to deal with in prior visits regarding my parking brake recall, the shift cable noise, and the purchase of my fog lights and all associated wiring and switches. And they cut me a big price break to enable the fog lights in the multiplexed Freightliner electrical system.
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #24

16 quarts.

Be ready to spend a couple hours on the first oil change. The oil and fuel filters mounted to the engine a very hard to get off. I have to remove the air filter assembly to get to the oil filter in order to put enough torque on it to get it off. The fuel filter on the chassis was easy. Take pictures of the filters showing the part numbers when you go to get replacements at Freightliner or Cummins. The VIN doesn't always yield the proper filters as I learned and had to make two trips.

I'm sure the 2nd oil change will be much faster.
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer or 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #25
Sam

Thanks Robby and Andy for the information. this will come in handy when I service my Seneca. Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote