Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2015, 07:04 PM   #1

Seneca TV & DVD

Ok we now have all our tv's in our Seneca up and working great, very clear picture on Dish. BUT, now when we try to watch a DVD we get great sound and volume but no picture. What an I missing?
Old 08-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #2

Select the input on your TVs to the one that corresponds with your DVD player.
Cunning193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #3

No DVD player, DVD's are played in the Seneca through the Clairon Radio system, so is the surround sound. We have already tried every setting available on tv and I think the radio too unless we are missing something on the road it self. Awesome sound, but not picture.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #4

My normal satellite input on the tv is HDMI 1. I just switch inputs on the TV until I get a pic from the DVD in the clarion. You always get sound even if the TV is off. Through the coach speakers. I always turn the TV volume to 0 and use the Clarion so I have surround even on normal TV. I could ck and see what my inputs are to make it work if you like. Maybe you don't have a video input cable plugged in properly?
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #5

Dan the RV place put it in and got it working. My Seneca is parked our garage right now so it's hooked up to our dish like you hook up at the campground, so it's working through AV input. Tried every input with a DVD in, none of the work for picture, but sound coming from radio and house speakers is great. Just can't get a picture to come through. ? ? ?
Old 08-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #6

Your satellite is hooked to a AV input and not a HDMI? So you don't get HD tv? I will check all my inputs tomorrow and report. Oh I have never hooked up to anything while camping, just my roof satellite, antenna or a DVD.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #7

No, no, no!! The AV is one of the settings in the menu. Has TV, AV, HDMI 1, 2 and 3, Forget the next one and the last is Media. We have tried them all till no signal comes up. When hooked up at the campground to use their cable before we put in our Dish receiver we had to use the AV setting to pick up their channels. Same in our garage as the MH Dish antenna will not work inside. So he ran a cable and hooked up like at the campground. Only thing is we have to watch whatever channel the TV in his man cave is set on, can't change channels. LOL We do have the dish receiver turned on, not sure it even has to be on, and we're trying to get a DVD to play. Don't know why it shouldn't work as everything seems to be hooked. Dish gets all channels when we are parked outside.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:42 PM   #8

It sounds as if the video cable is not connected to the clarion output.
Cunning193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:10 AM   #9

It is. Went to back of dish receiver found it and tracked it to a connection box where everything is hooked up and goes into the TV. I'm thinking that since everything is run through the dish receiver and we are parked inside our garage, metal building, where the dish can't pick up signals and work properly that that is our problem. Will have to try it all when we go out this week. Outside the Dish was picking up great satellite programming. Clear as a bell. We just didn't think to check out the DVD before we parked it inside.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #10

Well folks, I didn't know the radio would even play DVDs! So , today I tried it. The tv above the bed in front and the tv in the back bed room works.. I can't get the outside tv to work on the DVD player. Should it? I have a dish receiver on the front tv, that is the only tv I can watch with satellite. I bought a splicer, could not get them to play using that. Air antenna works all 3 tvs ok. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong on the dish sat. I really don't care if all 3 tvs play same channels on the sat.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #11

All three of my TV's work on all inputs. DVD on front,rear and outside, satellite, antenna and cable also.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #12

Thanks for the reply Mr. oz. for the sat. Are you using only one receiver? If so, what model? Are you using a cable splicer for each tv. The back tv has an extra cable, what for I don't know. The front tv also has extra cables! The outside tv I don't know because I can't get to the back of the tv. Do you know how to release the tv mount on the outside tv? Thanks for your help!
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwade View Post
Thanks for the reply Mr. oz. for the sat. Are you using only one receiver? If so, what model? Are you using a cable splicer for each tv. The back tv has an extra cable, what for I don't know. The front tv also has extra cables! The outside tv I don't know because I can't get to the back of the tv. Do you know how to release the tv mount on the outside tv? Thanks for your help!
We have Dish. Model #VIP211Z. I programmed it at home then shipped it to our dealer. They installed it. Everything works. I have not touched anything other than to turn it on.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:34 PM   #14

Might be like ours. Turned out that the wire wasn't run correctly for us to use our Dish Antena on the roof and outside TV wasn't working well at all. Took it in and now things are somewhat working but it's going to need to go back in for more work. It seems that they concentrated on getting the above cab TV working with Dish. Now that is all it will work with. We are on a trip as I speak. Over cab TV onky works with the Dish that can not pick up because we are under trees. Hooked up to campgrounds cable, bed room TV works on it great, over cab TV does no pick up any of those channels. All it will do is pick up local CBS channel and nothing else. Can't get any other channels no matter what settings we try. Even ran a cable directly from bedroom TV hoping to get the cable channels up front but no such luck. And it will not play a DVD either, get sound but no picture on any settings.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:35 PM   #15

Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Oz View Post
All three of my TV's work on all inputs. DVD on front,rear and outside, satellite, antenna and cable also.
Just brought mine home, first time with the 2014 37FS.

Does the Clarion have to be on? I cannot get anything and am beginning to wonder if the prior owner modified something....

Anyone have a schematic?

Thanks,

Terry
N5QWA
2014 Seneca 37FS
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #16

Yes the radio needs to be on for surround sound to the tv's in house and when watching a DVD which plays through same slot that a CD does. Outside has it's own radio, speakers and I think DVD slot. Check the manual for the TV's and Manual for the radio. That is all you have unless you call Jayco and get them to send something else.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:03 AM   #17

Our coach has separate DVD players in the main TV as well as the master bedroom.

Was that standard or do you think it was added by the previous owners? I'd like to get it back to base so I can start to figure out the TV ops.

Thanks,
Old 09-21-2015, 04:43 AM   #18

Previous owner must have added them. Bought our 2014 Seneca new, no DVD players anywhere. The clarion radio in the cab plays DVDs through the the motorhome and also provides sorround sound too. You might want to take it to your nearest Jayco dealer and let them figure it all out. But also might want to keep it as is since with the way it is set up now you can watch different dvd's on each tv. With it set standard like mine one DVD plays on all tv's, no way to watch a different on on seprate tv's.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:21 PM   #19

The outside TV might be setup to play the DVD on the outside radio, mine was I have since changed the cables to play from the dash unit. I may in the future buy a analog to HDMI digital converter to play from the outside unit. Just have not had the time to get that worked out.
Old skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:32 AM   #20

I connected the bunk TV directly to the wall antenna jack and voila, received nearly 30 digital / analog, and a few HD channels. Took the access panels down and saw a mess of coax jumpers, splitters without leads, etc. More tonight as I bring it back to OEM as a start. I did trace out an orange coax to outside TV, a tan coax to master BR, so its moving along. Have yet to try the console Clarion for DVD.