Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #1

Seneca Water Leak?

Seems as though we have a water leak under the refrigerator. I've checked all drains etc. Looks to me that it may be coming in through the furnace vent. Anyone see that and what did you do?

Thanks, Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #2

what about the drain tube on the back of refrigerator you have to remove cover outside to see it
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:58 AM   #3

Blew clean through with compressed air. All secure.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:31 AM   #4

Is that a removable vent under the refrigerator that is visible in the pictures? If so, how about taking the vent off and taking a close look with a flashlight? Sometimes even when a leak is dried up there are visible signs of the path of the water; you might find some clues.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:55 PM   #5

Did you check the small drain on the drip tray inside the fridge? We had a problem with that, the little hose was crimped and leaking. Did the exact same damage as yours. It's on the l/h side of the fridge, you have to look under the drip tray to see it.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Oz View Post
Did you check the small drain on the drip tray inside the fridge? We had a problem with that, the little hose was crimped and leaking. Did the exact same damage as yours. It's on the l/h side of the fridge, you have to look under the drip tray to see it.

I did, and saw that it was running into the exterior compartment. I'll go back and recheck. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #7

. I think it's coming in through the furnace vent. Has anyone seen that before? Looks a bit corroded. I've covered it with a magnetic square and will recheck after tonight's rain. (Furnace is off!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2016, 08:15 PM   #8

Is anything else in the compartment with the furnace? Wasn't long ago another member thought his was leaking from the furnace or fridge. Turned out to be the anti-siphon valve for the black flush incorrectly installed in there. Just trying to eliminate possibilities.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Is anything else in the compartment with the furnace? Wasn't long ago another member thought his was leaking from the furnace or fridge. Turned out to be the anti-siphon valve for the black flush incorrectly installed in there. Just trying to eliminate possibilities.

Nothing else. We are in the middle of a severe thunderstorm so good time check in the morning.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #10

We were in New Mexico, away from the coach, and a thunderstorm with killer wind came through. We found water around the heater return vent like your damage. No roof leaks. Slide seals tight. Fast forward to me rinsing the coach after a wash and found water inside. Turns out the outside vent at the refrigerator allows water to puddle on the refrigerator platform with a near-vertical wind or hose stream. No more water when washing, but the weather issue, I don't know.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:58 AM   #11

Dry inside the camper after torrential rains of late, vent covered with magnetic sheet. I can only think it is coming in from the exterior side exhaust vent, but will pull the furnace grill below the refrigerator to confirm. Thanks for all of the tips.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #12

I had water coming through the furnace vent in the right condition, high wind and torrential downpour. Water was also coming from the slide out....anyway we resealed the exaust vent and if the water keeps coming inside the furnace by the tube we will install a bug screen over it, some people had success with this since that deflect the water away from the tube....Another great design....imagine they could not figure that their product would be exposed to the element....This business is sick sick sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbroussard View Post
Dry inside the camper after torrential rains of late, vent covered with magnetic sheet. I can only think it is coming in from the exterior side exhaust vent, but will pull the furnace grill below the refrigerator to confirm. Thanks for all of the tips.

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote