Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #11

Were you talking to the General Manager? If not, I would. If you were or get the same result then I'd go to a District Manager. Keep working your way up until someone with some common sense is reached.
Go to their Facebook page, tell your story and make an inquiry about getting some help or at least a partial refund.
https://www.facebook.com/freightliner/
See if that gets you some attention.

Good luck and keep us posted. I can't stand bonehead idiots that don't understand common sense customer service and business ethics.

Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer or 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #12

I cooled down, slept on it, and called the Freightliner dealer back this morning. I asked to talk to the service manager who ended up being the same guy I already talked to so I asked for the general manager. The guy said he would pass along the message and have him call me back. I thought riiiiiiight. I was not expecting a call back.

Anyway, he called right back and was actually a super nice guy. He listened to my point of view. He explained that this is just the way all Freightliner service worked and asked me what I thought would be a fair charge for diagnosing a problem.

I told him it was an interesting case because, while my MH was in his shop we had a customer pull up to my off-road shop that just experienced what he thought was 'death wobble' in his Jeep. We spent roughly 1.5 hours driving & testing components without being able to duplicate or find a problem. Sound familiar??

The total bill.... $0.00. Two days later the customer came back and bought a couple thousand dollars worth of upgrades. Would he have came back if I handed him a $115 bill for not finding the solution to his earlier problem? I doubt it very seriously. I would not have come back.

Anyway... the manager offer to deduct $400 from the bill which I was fine with. I'm still a little nervous that the problem was not found. My guess is that it was just a bad connection somewhere. There are only about 42,000 wires in that engine compartment.

Thank you all for the feedback & suggestions!

AaronM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:38 PM   #13

Persistence pays......I mean saves in this case! Sure would have been nice had they handed you a burnt up part and said "Here was your problem".

I sincerely hope it was just a one-time glitch, I am absolutely certain you do too!
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Sure would have been nice had they handed you a burnt up part and said "Here was your problem".
You're right! I hate to say it but I think I would have rather had a charred transmission module in my hand and a bill for $750 than an 'I don't know' and a bill for $250. Now, every time I'm in one of those spots where you think 'wow it would really suck to break down here' I'm going to think about this.

Oh well.. that's part of the fun of life. At the end of the day I'm still lucky to be able to even have a MH and take my family camping.
AaronM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronM View Post
At the end of the day I'm still lucky to be able to even have a MH and take my family camping.
Amen Brother!

Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote