Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #1

Seperating Forums on C's and SuperC's

I just posted this on the Admin portion of these Forums.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...tml#post482536

I see a post that I think might apply with our unit, a Seneca, and then it is about a Grey Hawk. Both great Jayco units, but hardly the same in any way.

Please share your thoughts on this subject on the subject posted. No offense meant to anyone, I just would like to stay focused on our unit.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:55 PM   #2

No concerns from me on keeping them together. Since we share common appliances, I learn some things from the Seneca posters.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #3

I am torn myself regarding a split. While the chassis specifics are significantly different, as stated by another member the "house" items and systems cross all the lines - TTs, 5rs, regular Class Cs and Super Cs. And there are certainly two "camps" of Jayco Super Cs, Kodiak Duramax models and Freightliner Cummins versions.

I learn a lot prowling all of the various areas, and I hope some of my posts have helped other members. But sometimes I do think separate chassis-specific areas would be helpful.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:22 PM   #4

We started a Community Social Group which anyone can do on these forums for specific discussions related to First Generation Seneca's;
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...on+owners.html
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:00 PM   #5

The only thing that sometimes creates a problem is a person starts a subject and you don't know from his post is what type of Jayco he owns. Everyone should have their RV make , model, and associated ID numbers in their signature to the post. These specifications should be required to post on this forum.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:33 PM   #6

Oh
Attached Thumbnails
11232675_862577893802686_388442939_n.jpg  
Vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnwelsh View Post
The only thing that sometimes creates a problem is a person starts a subject and you don't know from his post is what type of Jayco he owns. Everyone should have their RV make , model, and associated ID numbers in their signature to the post. These specifications should be required to post on this forum.
Ditto!

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:16 AM   #8

I only look at the recent posts list, not individual forums. It really doesn't matter to me what's posted, I learn a lot from everyone, there's a lot more commonality than many realize.

I do agree though that your unit should be in your signature or it should at least be mentioned in the post. That really helps to separate out what's common and what's not.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #9

I like the unity and seeing the common struggles. Besides, one Day I too hope to own a freightliner based class c. Maybe its a Jayco, maybe not...
2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:36 PM   #10

I think a part of the problem is the "Recent Threads" list on the right side. People see a topic there and jump in. Answer may or may not apply. Get rid of recent threads list as they are inherent in the area you choose to view.

I agree that rig data should be part of signature block and required. Suggest this to posters periodically but most don't seem to care.

Thread stealing also ruins a forum. I don't read each posting. I look for topics of interest or where I might be able to add some value as I suspect others may. Posters lose out when they steal a thread.

Admin here doesn't manage this forum as effectively as my prior SOB's forum.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltW View Post
I think a part of the problem is the "Recent Threads" list on the right side. People see a topic there and jump in. Answer may or may not apply. Get rid of recent threads list as they are inherent in the area you choose to view.
That can be turned off by each member using the User CP or hidden on the fly as needed.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #12

Abarkl, my turning off the recent threads will not limit responses from non class C owners. It will only stop me from looking at non class C threads...which I ignore anyway. By the design of this forum you will always get potentially misleading/incorrect responses to issues. It's up to the subscriber to determine whether the info is good or bad. Requiring rig info as part of the identification, and automatically displaying it, would be a good start.

A good example of useless info is the Seneca mattress issue for units limited to 6 inch mattress height. Responses from TT and 5W owners about how they easily replaced it with a new mattress or added a foam topper had no value. They clearly didn't understand the restriction and therefore the problem Seneca owners were faced with.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #13

What these forums do offer however which we don't recall seeing on many other forums is the ability for any member to start their own specific interests Social Group;
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/groups/
Old 01-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #14

On a good day, I spend maybe 5 minutes on this forum. Basically, try to see if anything applies. If it doesn't apply, time to move on. Reading about a problem with fuel for a generator and then after 2 pages, you find out it is gas, instead of diesel. Must be an old Seneca. Wait a minute? Okay never mind, it doesn't apply to our unit.

Just my thoughts. Also, why would I want to start a social group, while trying to find info on a Code 03, sub code 12 of an Onan generator?
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote