Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #1

Question Sewer Solution

Has anyone used one of these?

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...r-solution.htm

If it worked this would be a good solution to a problem I am having right now. We are using our RV in the driveway while making repairs to our house, which has no water service right now. I have water to the RV and a hose connection. Being about 50' from my clean out connection, I could use this device and hose to dump the black water.

I have been dumping grey water to the clean out via gravity feed.

It would be nice to not have to pack up just to dump the black water tank.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Arvee View Post
Has anyone used one of these?

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...r-solution.htm

If it worked this would be a good solution to a problem I am having right now. We are using our RV in the driveway while making repairs to our house, which has no water service right now. I have water to the RV and a hose connection. Being about 50' from my clean out connection, I could use this device and hose to dump the black water.

I have been dumping grey water to the clean out via gravity feed.

It would be nice to not have to pack up just to dump the black water tank.
I had one that I used when I had the S&B to dump the tanks into the clean out when I got back from trips. They work as advertized BUT they do use a lot of water and are not exceptionally fast. I pumped about 35' and up about 8" into the clean out. I used it one time in Pigeon Forge at a site that had the dump uphill from the RV. But for occasional use they are fine. I also had a macerator which plugged up all the time and that is when I got the sewer solution.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #3

I use it for 90% of my dumping. I dry camp most of the time and use a sewersolion at home. After about 5 years and probably 50 dumps one of the ears that latches it onto the trailer has broken. Other than that it works great!

In my case, I have run about 40' of PVC between the trailer and my sewer cleanout. Pretty level. Much cheaper than the SS hose and works as they include the PVC adapter in the kit I bought. I assume it is still the same deal.

For my use, it works well.....

-Chak

My Write-up on managing 12V and batteries
LED Bulbs and what I did
Chakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #4

Oh, I wanted to throw in there. One camping trip we let a teenage girl whom we didn't know use the bathroom. On that dump, I had a big problem with the sewer solution. I could see her feminine product, wedged against the opening into the opening. I was terrified as everything backed up against this thing. After about 20 minutes of working the water jet int he sewer solution, that **** thing finally twisted to the right direction and traveled on down.

Just as a warning, only water, human waste, and TP are allowed down the commode!

-Chak

My Write-up on managing 12V and batteries
LED Bulbs and what I did
Chakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #5

Sewer Solution

Who does that!?!?!

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #6

this works better and faster than the one you were looking at... yes it does cost more but I feel it is worth it... I have one and use it all the time.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...pump-kit/26125
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #7

Update: After driving to PPL to buy this, they were out of stock. So I went by Lone Star RV on the Gulf Freeway. They had them in stock and at a price close to PPL's sale price. But in thinking about the distance to my clean out, I would have to buy another hose, plus some PVC pipes and fittings to make the connection.

I opted for a 35 gallon portable tote for $124. For my immediate need, this will work. I dont mind the hassle of dumping it once a week.

The guy at Lone Star said he has had people buy them that are part of an RV club that requires you to have one. Why, they would require this device makes me wonder about that club.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #8

... interesting comment.

Quote:
The guy at Lone Star said he has had people buy them that are part of an RV club that requires you to have one. Why, they would require this device makes me wonder about that club.
I'm aware of a club through a comment to my wife which was basically you can't join our club because you don't have a class A or C. The comment was friendly. There's something there I don't understand, and don't need to. If the comment was made to me (friendly or not), I'm not sure what my response would be, but I'm sure it's inappropriate for this forum.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #9

I have heard of one College Football RV club that requires members to have a Genturi Stack for their RV, but that is because of necessity at certain temporary RV sites they stay at. I didnt much understand having to have a certain type of poo dumping device. Seems stupid.

The tank BTW has a male connection on it, and to dump from the RV I needed a female to female adapter. Not having any of those available to me, I used a "Y" and put a cap on the Male end of the "Y". Viola...a short female 90. With RV up on leveling blocks hose free flows into tank.
If I dump at the 2/3rd full mark, it will all go into the cart. Then I flush till I fill up a 2nd cart full.

Worked great and did not have to move.