Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2015, 06:11 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Greenjeans View Post
Our new Eagle HT's left slide out is uneven when it's extended. The upper left corner is 3-4" away from the interior wall, otherwise it's tight to the rest of the interior walls. Is this an easy fix? By myself or a service dept?
If you have the Schwinteck in wall slide motors it sounds like a sync problem which you can do yourself. The paperwork for the slide should be in your owners packet (not the manual) If it's power gear sounds lke the interior trim is out of square. Is it tight all around on the outside when closed?

PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #12
Yes it is tight when closed. When open the outside seal towards the front of the unit barely touches the slide box itself. This is the sofa/refrig/stove slide that has I believe "power gear" mechanism.

Greenjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:00 PM   #13
We called Jayco today on the slide issue which was 3/4" from touching side wall on top only. Will have to bring to dealer. The motor is under the dinette/sofa slide in the ceiling of the basement storage under the right track. There's a panel in the ceiling that is screwed in. In other words the fifth door from left. It's good to know where these things are located. Chris in the jayco motorized dept was very pleasant and helpful. Thanks for your input.
RubiGHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #14
I had a similar problem and found that the rubber gaskets seemed to be pinching when pulling the slide in and it would stop 3/4 to 1 inch short of fully closing. I got it closed by carefully bringing it in making sure the gaskets stayed where they needed to be. Ordered some slider lube to get them to close better. Do you have any follow up on what your dealer said to see if I'm on the right track? Thanks. If not then I'll be off to the dealer!

DocHarvick is offline   Reply With Quote