Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2017, 07:52 PM   #1

Slide out issues on Greyhawk

Hello,

I have a new 29W Greyhawk and took it out for the shakedown trip (1400) miles. Everything went well but when breaking camp I noticed screws in the floor next to the slide out. I discovered the booth dinette attachment "L" bracket screws had pulled out of the wall - all 4. I investigated further and the rear slide frame on the outside of the slide - the device with the long gear - all of the 1 inch screws were stripped out.

The slide had no weight and had not impacted anything and I followed the directions of the manual to level the unit before sliding. The slide worked just as it did at the dealer.

Has anyone experienced this before? I am worried the slide will become in a bind and cause more damage if I extended again.

Any words of wisdom? I plan on calling the dealer in the morning since no one was available today.

Thanks for your insight.
Alvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:19 AM   #2

Pictures would help.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:42 PM   #3

I have a 2017 Redhawk 26X1. One of the idler rollers on my dinette slide-out fell off and rolled out across the floor. I was able to take the kick-boards off and maneuver it back in. I tightened it back up plus all the other idler rollers. Heaven help you if you had to get to the drive motor!
mcole9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #4

Photographs of slide issue

Here are the photographs. The slide was not extended all the way in fear it would not retract. The damage inside on the booth also happened at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1270.jpg   IMG_1268.jpg   IMG_1269.jpg  
Alvind is offline   Reply With Quote