Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2014, 06:12 AM   #1

Slide topper ?'s

Went for a weekend trip over Labor Day, and it rained (surprise ). Our GH 31SS has the dinette/sofa slide, and I was cleaning the unit when we returned home. I had the slide extended and got the ladder to inspect the slide topper and noticed some slack or slop in the topper material when extended and it was filthy from water collecting in the low spot when extended and wet weather.

I notice some people have used small rubber balls inserted under the topper material to expand or take up the slack in the topper material, but was wondering if there are any adjustments I can make to the Carefree of Colorado topper unit to keep the material under some tension or is this a dealer thing?

It rained last night and just looked out of curiosity , to see how much water collected on the topper, and this is the situation:

Also, any easy ways to clean the underside of the topper material as its pretty dirty as well. I did scrub the topside of the material and 90% of the crap came off, but the underside needs a good scrubbing as well. Just a long handled brush and go at it is my thoughts at the moment.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:12 AM   #2

There are adjustments that can be made but I don't know how difficult it is. I watched someone in the service department adjust our during our PDI, and it didn't look too hard. If yours has that much slack though, I would suggest bringing it it. Won't take them but 10 min and they can get it right. There is quite a bit of tension possible with these things so be careful adjusting yourself.

As far as cleaning, I would do what you are thinking. Long brush, soap and water. Just don't roll slide in until it's dry. I've done it once and got a waterfall in the trailer.
UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote