Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2017, 08:36 AM   #1

slideout drags

I am a new owner of Class C, 2003 Jayco: the dining slideout drags on carpet at refrigerator.
Can the slideout height be adjusted?
If not, any other suggestions on addressing the problem?
gealex
gealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:58 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but I haven't anything except a question: Is the refrigerator in the dining slide?

Hopefully someone else will be along that will have something helpful.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #3

Slideout drags

I had a 2004 25DS Greyhawk with a large slide that included the wardrobe, refrigerator and dinette. When I bought it (last year) I had the dealer adjust the slide because it didn't fit equally bottom to top against the outside wall and rubbed the rug hard when sliding. What I figured out after owning a few months was the slide(which is huge) was probably left extended for a long time causing the floor to warp (all the way to the passenger side)even tweaking the cabinets the sink and stove are mounted in.
The rails the slide slides on underneath do not extend far enough under the coach to support the weight of the extended slide.
Once the floor was bowed the slide adjustment bolts were pretty much out of play.
My fix was to add 2 1/2 X 3/8 angle iron over the rails as far to the passenger side as I could go and 1/8 aluminum plate between the new rail and the bottom of the coach.
Then I was able to adjust the slide enough to make it better, and the floor wasn't squishy any more in front of the sink.
It was a lot of work fixing something Jayco probably knows about.
I have since traded the Greyhawk in on a new Melbourne.

BullDozerBob
BullDozerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #4

Thanks; I'm hoping simple adjustment might do it, but reinforcing could be an option.
gealex is offline   Reply With Quote