Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #1

Exclamation Slides: Water Intrusion Issue

I just bought a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV and can see daylight if looking behind the sofa = slight 3' long area where outside daylight peeps through. Very distinct if flashlight used at night to shine inside same area. Also, can see outside if standing beside driver's seat and look up at the gaskets when slide is out: the gaskets do not meet. Cut too short, I guess. Daylight clearly visible. Rain water will snake/wick into any slight opening! Can't see behind bed nor dinette, unfortunately. Check your units.

Told my salesman and he checked other units on their lot and they, too,all have this same issue! Caulk will not suffice. To correct appropriately, a right angle long piece of metal with gasket the length of the slide needs to be installed outside AND inside!! Salesman is informing Area Sales Manager. Don't know if this will get action at manufacturing plant or not. BEWARE.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:21 PM   #2

Can you post some pictures please
Greyhawk 666 is offline   Reply With Quote