Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #1

Smoke alarm location 2016 Greyhawk 31FK

Does anyone know where the location of the BRK F250RV smoke alarm is supposed to be mounted. I have the owners manual that came with RV but no smoke alarm to be found. Thanks Rob
Digitalmixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #2

Our 2014 31FK has it mounted on the ceiling in front of the refrigerator.

But if Jayco has moved yours to another location, fry some bacon without turning on the cooktop exhaust fan. You'll find it quickly.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalmixerman View Post
Does anyone know where the location of the BRK F250RV smoke alarm is supposed to be mounted. I have the owners manual that came with RV but no smoke alarm to be found. Thanks Rob
I imagine they are mounted to the ceiling in all units and I assume you are looking up there for it. If so, have you checked on top of your slide? Seriously! When our smoke alarm falls off the ceiling with the slide in, it ends up on top of our slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
Our 2014 31FK has it mounted on the ceiling in front of the refrigerator.

But if Jayco has moved yours to another location, fry some bacon without turning on the cooktop exhaust fan. You'll find it quickly.
When boondocking, the DW has to have toast so she 'toasts' bread in the frying pan. We don't call it the smoke alarm any more, we call it the 'toast detector'.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
When our smoke alarm falls off the ceiling with the slide in, it ends up on top of our slide.
That's too funny! However makes perfect sense as that's where ours is located. It just never came up missing.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #5
WDW

I would suggest adding a second one. In our FK we installed one in the electrical bin under the bed too.

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
I would suggest adding a second one. In our FK we installed one in the electrical bin under the bed too.
+1 on that. Once I realized we'd be sleeping atop all that electrical gear, I put one in there, too. Should something catch fire at night, by the time the alarm in the kitchen went off, we could be on the far side of crispy.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:35 PM   #7

Thanks everyone for input . It looks like they left it out of mind at factory. I ordered one from Amazon the exact replacement and will mount it under overhead cabinet in slide out. I like the idea of putting one also under main bed in rear bedroom where all the electrical equip is stored.
Digitalmixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalmixerman View Post
Thanks everyone for input . It looks like they left it out of mind at factory. I ordered one from Amazon the exact replacement and will mount it under overhead cabinet in slide out. I like the idea of putting one also under main bed in rear bedroom where all the electrical equip is stored.
Get jayco to send you one if they forgot it at factory, then u can use it as a second one under the bed..why spend your own money on something that should have came with your trailer.
Skaling is offline   Reply With Quote