Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2016, 02:00 PM   #1

Talking Sound from front TV in Melbourne

When using either the Air Conditioner or the Heat Pump it was very difficult to hear the TV even at full volume. This was on a 2014 26 Melbourne. I attempted to find out what wiring existed behind the TV but was unable to gain access. Probing I found that to the left of the screen (drivers side) there was a vertical tril panel that had some give to it. Pulling the exposed edge towards the rear of coach I found that it held in place by a full length velcro strip. With some manipulation you can remove it. You will then see the steel rack that holds the flat panel TV in place. There was one bolt on the port side and after removing the bolt you can swing it out of the way enough to see behind. There is a large junction box with many wires going in. There are speakers in the ceiling in living area but there was no easy way to find how to get the sound input to them.
My solution - I bought a 3 foot sound bar and placed it above the TV. The power cord runs to the right (starboard) compartment and the red and white cords go to the TV sound out ports.
I now get great sound from it.
Navy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:07 AM   #2

Hey Bob-- My Melbourne has the same problem- I discovered the front TV sound can be run through the front stereo, amplifying the sound to the ceiling speakers. Wasn't easy to figure out the right buttons to push.
Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #3

Built in speakers

Thanks for the info.
Would be nice if they would provide the info when are trying to set things up.
Think I'll just use the new speaker.
Bob
Navy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Hey Bob-- My Melbourne has the same problem- I discovered the front TV sound can be run through the front stereo, amplifying the sound to the ceiling speakers. Wasn't easy to figure out the right buttons to push.
Randy
I can do that for DVD's but haven't figured out how with TV or Cable on my 2016 Melbourne. Any hints?
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
I can do that for DVD's but haven't figured out how with TV or Cable on my 2016 Melbourne. Any hints?
Mine is a 15 on the E450 chassis-- Isn't a 16 on a Sprinter chassis? At any rate, on mine, with the Clarion stereo, I swipe the touch screen to find the "rear speaker" icon, tap that, and then have the TV on ceiling speakers. I have found there is a 5 second or so delay of lag time after I tap the icon. Good luck!
Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote