Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #11
I built my "storage lane" for my trailer so it could sit out of the way, out of the grass and level. I used retaining wall blocks as I only had to go up 18". Then filled will compacted fill dirt and covered with about 4-6" of crushed concrete. Looks great and functions well. The only thing I don't care for is I built it extra wide (slide plus trailer width, plus 3 extra feet because it sits along garage and roof overhang) and I still wish I made it wider for the steps. Now we have to walk on the grass to the steps, and step up the wall and the steps.

UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #12
I was only asking if anyone had built a parking/storage pad similar to the pictures I posted, and the long term durability of this method. No I would not build one that high either for the weight associated with a Class C or A. The overall layout of this CG was sloping or had some low spots, so they utilized this method to raise the pads up. Some I would not use either, especially the higher ones. Some pads had decks on 'em so I can only assume additional decks would be added at a later time by the CG.

'08 Greyhawk 31SS
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote