Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #1

Towing equipment...

I am wanting to get a base plate for my Honda CRV 2010 to tow 4 down behind my Jayco Class C. I understand Blue Ox is the best tow bar to get. Which is better and easiest the Aventa or the Aladdin for towing and unhooking, etc. This is my first towing (car) experience. Thanks for your thoughts!
jtc@charter.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #2

I just got a quote from my RV dealer for a Demco system including a base plate for $1816 installed. No braking system. Rated for 6000 lbs. The Blue Ox quote was about $3000 w/o brakes. Don't know very much about Demco, yet.

Check Demco's web site.
Jay Flight 26BH - traded for Greyhawk
MichaelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #3

Just recently had a Blue Ox Alpha tow bar rated 6500 lbs and base plate installed on my older Honda (2001 Accord). Total price installed was $1482 at a local RV repair shop. Base plate was $439, Tow bar was $545, labor was $255, Shipping was $65, electrical was $101, tax ws $76. Don't know if the newer models base plate is higher, but tow bar and other stuff I would think would be similar in price for all models. Keep shopping around and you can probably save some money. I have towed my Honda twice and was very satisfied with performance, including hoooking/unhooking the tow bar. Good luck and keep looking.
dennisl is offline   Reply With Quote