Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Since the OP bailed on this thread, I'm empowered to hijack it.

I see we're neighbors pconroy

How do you like the sub zero temps we have this morning?
Ugh! I was up in FoCo last night and hit -14* F.

Macy's has electric blankets on sale, about 1/2 off.
I stocked up. Maybe the kids will complain less about being cold in the RV if we get them each an electric blanket!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #22

Winterize

I am also a first time class c owner that had problems with no suction to winterize. I finally opened tank drain and it worked.
The whole problem is Jayco writes a generac owners manual for 2017 Melbourne. They need a technician writer for each rv so a accurate manual is furnished to us new guys.
bm9201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:42 AM   #23
Site Team

Good luck with that one. It's a long time complaint of new owners it seems like forever.

That's one reason why forums are so valuable to new owners.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:07 PM   #24

Hi all, First time posting and first time owner also. We have a 2017 Redhawk and also had difficulty winterizing. Yes, Generic owners manual is an issue! Followed the manual ( after searching and eventually finding bypass valves, and filter etc.) Also watched videos. Couldn't get suction no matter what we tried. I was leaving for a 3 month out of town job that day and knew it would be freezing before I got back home. Called the dealer and they sent someone out a week later. They used a different method to get the Antifreeze in the system, AND left the tube and fitting they used for our future use. They did it for free !! Thanks for that Buffalo RV. ( Yes we tipped the guy
jott56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jott56 View Post
Hi all, First time posting and first time owner also. We have a 2017 Redhawk and also had difficulty winterizing. Yes, Generic owners manual is an issue! Followed the manual ( after searching and eventually finding bypass valves, and filter etc.) Also watched videos. Couldn't get suction no matter what we tried. I was leaving for a 3 month out of town job that day and knew it would be freezing before I got back home. Called the dealer and they sent someone out a week later. They used a different method to get the Antifreeze in the system, AND left the tube and fitting they used for our future use. They did it for free !! Thanks for that Buffalo RV. ( Yes we tipped the guy
It's always great to have help.
Welcome to JOF!
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:13 AM   #26

Send a message via Yahoo to frog
I also had the pumping issue last year! I went to the hand pump this year. No big deal.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:04 PM   #27
Wyn

I could not get the pump to suction antifreeze in my Greyhawk this year, it worked fine last year. Turns out the valves for the water filter under the bathroom sink were turned off preventing the pump from suctioning the antifreeze. I had turned the valves off when I removed the filter cartridge and forgot to turn them back on. We seem to learn something every day!!
Old 01-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #28

The other trick is to turn the inlet screen around so it presses on the check valve. Lets the pump pull the antifreeze out if the bottle a lot better.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:42 AM   #29

What was your issue with winterizing? I did mine the other day and was not able to suck the antifreeze out of the bottle. I watched a youtube video and found a quick solution. Take the screen that is in the connection where you connect your hose and flip it around. There is a flapper valve in there that the pump is not strong enough to open. The screen will open the valve and it allowed the pump to be able to suck the antifreeze all through the system.
williamwynia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:14 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn View Post
I could not get the pump to suction antifreeze in my Greyhawk this year, it worked fine last year. Turns out the valves for the water filter under the bathroom sink were turned off preventing the pump from suctioning the antifreeze. I had turned the valves off when I removed the filter cartridge and forgot to turn them back on. We seem to learn something every day!!
I'm guilty of that move. I thought the valves would bypass the water filter but no - they just turn the whole system off.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #31
Site Team

I looked into adding a filter bypass but finally realized that I can just remove the hoses and manually bypass the filter.

Easy solution for me.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I'm guilty of that move. I thought the valves would bypass the water filter but no - they just turn the whole system off.
Me three.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #33

I became so confused winterizing I said forget this and moved to Texas 😎