Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #1

us 54 route info

has anyone ever gone from Tucumcori NM to Wichita using us 54 i realize it is a two lane but how rural is it
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:22 PM   #2

I live in Kansas and have driven that route as far as Dalhart, TX. I can tell you from that point on to Wichita it's not to bad. Bunches of open prairie and farmland. Plenty of small towns with fuel stations if that's what you are worried about. Also that route will take you right through Greensburg, KS. Very interesting town to see how they have rebuilt everything after the tornado a few years ago.
jnelson4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #3

We use that route at least once a year when we travel from AZ to MN. We have camped Ute lake in NM as an overnighter. Not far off of 54. We love taking that route instead of I 40. You can visit Liberal KS and see Dorothy and Toto. There is a new RV park just on the outskirts of town. Dodge City is a fun side trip off of highway 54. Yes it is a 2 lane highway but less stressful than the interstate.
maromeo58 is offline   Reply With Quote