Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #1

Water tank sanitizing - 2005 Granite Ridge

The manual mentions the ability for the water pump to pump in chlorinated water. I have no idea where that particular inlet is... The manual references "behind" the water control panel. My best guess is connecting a hose to the inlet side of the water pump drain....

Is there a loose hose somewhere? If so, what valve? I assume that whatever this is it needs to be on the inlet side of the water pump so it can "sump" chlorinated water as indicated by the manual...
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #2

I fill the freshwater tank with a chlorine mixture and then use the pump to circulate it through the system. That sanitizes the tank, the pump, and the rest of the system.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #3

You should have received a 5 gallon bucket with a short hose in it when you purchased your RV. The hose connects to the water inlet and pumps the chlorinated water from the bucket into the holding tank. The hose is short, so you have to hold bucket up high.

Don, Lake Elsinore California
Jayco 2013 Redhawk 26XS
Ford 2012 E450 V10
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #4

Hey I didn't get a bucket with my Redhawk! All I got was the short hose. I feel cheated! LOL
rcase13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #5

We got the welcome bucket with our $599.00 service charge, but no short hose just the long one, also we got a sewage hose but no bathroom....
Brant Seelye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivejackie View Post
You should have received a 5 gallon bucket with a short hose in it when you purchased your RV. The hose connects to the water inlet and pumps the chlorinated water from the bucket into the holding tank. The hose is short, so you have to hold bucket up high.
2nd hand RV... I don't buy new, so I get to ask lots of questions.
Is the inlet the inlet for the standard fill / city water hose? I ask as you could put a hose over one of the drain points and fill that way.

Thanks for your help...
Old 05-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #7

On mine, it is the same inlet for city water. I simply configure the water valves to the sanitize position with the hose in a bucket of bleach water and the water pump draws the water into the coach. Then you can go through the rest of the sanitation steps to make sure you move the bleach water through all the fixtures.
losttree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #8

We followed our TT manual and poured some bleach into the fresh water tank and filled it to the max level. Then we let the hot water run until we smelled bleach and then the same with the cold. Then we left it for 4 hours before flushing the system twice with clean water. No bleach taste last weekend!!
JaycoNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #9

On the motorhome, you can't "pour" bleach into the fresh water tank. There is no hose fill hole. It's pressure fill only. You can, of course fill the hose with bleach, hook it to a source and push it in...
I *think* you're should connect to the inlet of the fresh water (female hose connection) via a special hose, arrange the valves, then use the pump to pump the water/bleach solution in.
Just waiting on confirmation.