Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #21

We just returned from our maiden voyage and love it - drove like a dream (as well as a tall obstruction moving down a highway, that is!). LOL! Hubby has no complaints and the interior was more than sufficient for our needs. We love it!
Save

Save
CA-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #22

It has arrived!

After waiting almost three months, our 2018 29MV has arrived at the dealer and we have settlement this Tuesday. We went to see it recently and were very pleased with everything we saw and touched. One of the aesthetic changes we like with the standard paint is the move to one solid exterior color instead of the white coach and creme color cab. I've got the 15 page PDI list and I think the 2-hour scheduled inspection may take a little longer. The equipment for our 2018 Equinox toad is still a week away, so we're going to clean the rig, decide what goes where now that we have so much storage space, get it loaded, and head out on a short shake-down trip, with my wife driving the toad, keeping an eye out for anything flying off the 29MV. We are anxious to go!
Love To Travel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love To Travel 2 View Post
After waiting almost three months, our 2018 29MV has arrived at the dealer and we have settlement this Tuesday. We went to see it recently and were very pleased with everything we saw and touched. One of the aesthetic changes we like with the standard paint is the move to one solid exterior color instead of the white coach and creme color cab. I've got the 15 page PDI list and I think the 2-hour scheduled inspection may take a little longer. The equipment for our 2018 Equinox toad is still a week away, so we're going to clean the rig, decide what goes where now that we have so much storage space, get it loaded, and head out on a short shake-down trip, with my wife driving the toad, keeping an eye out for anything flying off the 29MV. We are anxious to go!
Congrats! That's a great improvement that the coach and cab now have matching colors!
Save

Save
Old 11-08-2017, 08:16 PM   #24

We had our PDI on Tuesday afternoon and everything was great. Fortunately the dealer had moved the unit into a nice warm and dry garage as the temperature started to drop and the skies darkened. As soon as we finished, the garage doors went up and the rain came down in buckets. Then on the 40 mile drive home the rain changed to sleet, then to snow with blizzard like conditions. Ugh! But we arrived home safely without a scratch and we are now in the process of stocking it for a short shake-down trip this weekend. Unfortunately the temperature on Friday is to dip as low as 18 degrees, so it will give us a chance to test the heat pump, gas furnace, tank heaters, and blankets.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #25

Awesome that everything went well! Looking forward to hearing how your cold weather trip turns out ... we've not yet done any cold weather camping. Have fun!
Save

Save
Old 11-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #26

Congrats on the new motorhome.We have a 2017 mv and enjoy it very much.Just be aware if you camp in below freezing weather that the fresh water lines are not protected and run under the floor to get to the other side of the unit....
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:51 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by submariner View Post
Congrats on the new motorhome.We have a 2017 mv and enjoy it very much.Just be aware if you camp in below freezing weather that the fresh water lines are not protected and run under the floor to get to the other side of the unit....
Thank you. It's 6:45 PM and the temperature is 30 degrees and dropping. I didn't think about those lines, so when I brought the water hose inside, I opened the three low point drains and let them all run dry.