Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2016, 07:17 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
dewalts brushless 20 volt 1/2 inch impact has 750 ft lbs torque
I looked at some videos online of that tool in use and it certainly seemed capable of removing my lugs. But the other half of the equation is tightening them back up, and all recommendations are that one use a torque wrench to ensure they are properly affixed. Impact wrenches don't seem to have the adjustability and consistency necessary to do it safely. But if it gets me (carefully) to a shop where it can be done with a proper wrench, it sure is worthy of consideration!

I always have the ability to lift either end of my unit, my levelers are very capable of getting either end completely off the ground. So this tool might be the answer to getting the lugs off on the road in a pinch.

Thanks Paintinfool3! (Unique ID too!)

Rob Ross
Akron, OH
2014 Seneca 37TS
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #12
My '12 Greyhawk 31ss did not come with a spare. According to the dealer, that is Jayco policy for safety reasons. HOWEVER my dealer was good about going to a local tire shop and arranging for a matching wheel and tire to be delivered to me. Only requirement was, that transaction did not go thru the dealer books and I was billed directly by the tire shop. I put it in the rear storage compartment, plenty of room, but I do not carry necessary tools to change it. That is a job for Good Sam. If I was doing it again, I would probably just get the tire and forget the rim. Tire shops have the necessary tools to mount a tire that size, on the road, I think.

Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote