Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #1

where is water pump 15 Greyhawk 29mv

pump making weird clicking-banging noise...not sure where pump is exactly ? behind which vent/cover somewhere....dry camping Richland Wa. BMX Nationals..thanks
StevWb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #2

On my 15 29mv it is located under the bed. With the mattress moved there is a panel toward the head half of the bed on the right hand side of the bed as you are standing at the foot facing the slide out. A few screws to get the conversation off and there it is. Found mine when I did some tidying up of workmanship.
Mnxtrik8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #3

What Mnxtrik8r said. I had to locate mine when the pump wouldn't draw water from the tank. I found a hose that was too long and was kinked on the corner it made. Shortened it up by a foot and the pump worked much better.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #4

thanks...for response...is not the pump...on-demand water heater loud click click noise on both hot and cold...normal ?....we are on water pump boondocking..did not hear this before when on city connect...maybe nothing but air in line...not sure....
Old 09-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #5

The water pump can make quite a bit of noise when it's running. It'll run whenever you make a demand for water such as opening a faucet. Don't know about the noises that the water heater makes as I traded my on-demand water heater for a standard DSI water heater.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:33 PM   #6

thanks everyone..loud metallic clicking noise in water heater..on cold and hot...weird.....this on demand heater seems to be very problematic....how difficult to change over to normal old school tank type I wonder...?...never had problems with those type.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #7

Just a quick thought. When you went from city hook up to boondocking, did you change the position of the valves in the left rear compartment to match? Hope it is something simple. Problems when you are trying to have fun stink! Good luck.
Mnxtrik8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:13 AM   #8

I had a local RV repair shop change out the water heater. I didn't feel like messing with it. It cost me $1200 but I could have done better at a different shop. If you're fairly handy, you can do it yourself.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:06 PM   #9

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
What Mnxtrik8r said. I had to locate mine when the pump wouldn't draw water from the tank. I found a hose that was too long and was kinked on the corner it made. Shortened it up by a foot and the pump worked much better.
Thank you Hoppers. This just saved me from having to take my rig to the dealer and have it fixed. I had the EXACT same problem...pump was running fine...but only a trickle was coming out of the faucets. A kinked hose was the issue.

I started by looking into the hose assembly that runs to the knobs that route the water. I stuck my iPhone in and took a picture...and this is what I found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6267.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	26046

So, I had to remove the plywood from the bed, to get behind the hose assembly. Here is a better look behind it. (this is an aerial view down into the hose assembly)

Name:	IMG_6269.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	26047

So I cut the hose...removed the kink and tightened it back up and it's running perfect. I had to take about 6-8 inches off the hose.

Name:	IMG_6270.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	26048

Hope this helps.
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
I had a local RV repair shop change out the water heater. I didn't feel like messing with it. It cost me $1200 but I could have done better at a different shop. If you're fairly handy, you can do it yourself.
I had same problem with my 2016 mv last weekend. clicking noise an no hot water . Seems to work when hooked to water hose at home. Wondering, did they say what was wrong (clicking noise) before you replaced it?

Paul
thatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevWb View Post
thanks...for response...is not the pump...on-demand water heater loud click click noise on both hot and cold...normal ?....we are on water pump boondocking..did not hear this before when on city connect...maybe nothing but air in line...not sure....
Sorry , hoppers4 thought you had the problems with water heater clicking.

StevWb, let me no what problem is , i have same exact issue with mine. Thinking water pressure? Seemed to come out of both cold & hot pretty good, just had clicking noise at water heater.

Paul
thatsme is offline   Reply With Quote