Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #1

Where to service

Our 2011 Greyhawk has a Ford 450 gas engine. The local RV dealer where it was purchased performs any RV coach maintenance /modifications that I could possibly want but says they only do minor engine work -- oil changes, fluid replacing, etc. Their suggestion was to work through the local Ford dealership for anything more extensive. I was at our local dealership having some warrenty work done on our car and I asked if they did RV work. Was a bit surprised when they replied they are really not equipped to work on RV engines -- mostly because they have limited ability to lift and get under if necessary. Out of curiosity, what have others done when service work needed to be done under the hood. I'm just trying to think ahead. Thanks.
MaggieJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #2

Find a (Ford) shop that services large trucks.. they can handle your rig... Your ford dealer may be able to point you to where or call the ford help line.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to jloving
Yes, I have found a local place that works on big rigs and they have done some work on my Greyhawk. Installed front SafeT steering stabilizer and rear stabilizing jacks in the rear.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #4

What kind of rear jacks did you have installed on the rv? Looking to do the same on our Melbourne.
Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to jloving
Stabilizers

Hi Tom,

I installed a Ultra Fab Power Twin II stabilizer on the rear. I actually ordered two, one for the front as well. But there was not enough clearance to install on the front of a class C. UPS screwed up the return of the second stabilizer so I got stuck with it. Trying to re-coop my cost from them now. But I am trying to sell the second one. This is a 'stabilizer' not a leveler but also about half the cost. Here's my posting for the the one I am selling.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=4634

Let me know if you are interested.

Jim
Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #6

Ask them what the 800 number is for Ford Warranty Service. I was in Mississippi and had a problem with my Chevy 5500 Duramax Deisel. Iwent to 1 dealer and called 3 before calling the ChevyUSA 800 number. They promptly were able to find a warranty dealer in Memphis while I was on the phone, started a file and had talked to the dealer so they were expecting me. It was NOT the Chevy dealer. It was General Truck Sales and Service. They were awesome and had me back on the road within 18 hours. Find out your Ford number and you should be in good shape if you ever need help. BTW, if anyone ever needs a regular Chevy dealer in Tupelo MS the dealer there plugged the computer into my Duramax, gave me the codes and spent about an hour diagnosing the problem. They do not do warranty work on these trucks and didn't have any parts but they did not charge me a dime. I think it helped me to have the knowledge of this diagnosis to expedite my service in Memphis. They were very gracious.
jtc@charter.net is offline   Reply With Quote