Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #1

Wind noise Seneca 2015 37TS

Hello, has anyone had an issue with a wind noise above 55mph in the new Senecas? I have a friend that owns a 2013 with no issue, I had him ride with me in my new 2015 to see if I was hearing stuff and he felt all around the windshield and the windows/doors and did not feel anything. He came up with the idea to come up behind a semi and draft and the noise/whistle stopped, as soon as I went to the next lane to pass it was back. It is almost like Freightliner missed a seal or boot somewhere. Thanks Mike
RebneyJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #2

Saw a post elsewhere where someone found an unplugged hole at the front of the mirror. Covered the hole and the noise stopped.
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #3

We have a slight noise at 62mph in overdrive. There have been some complaints of a noise like you are describing resonating throught the shift cable. Sounds like wind noise. I think by drafting that truck you took some load off which stopped the noise. If you step on the throttle hard enough to go out of o/d with minimal speed change the noise also stops. I think there is a bulletin about revised shift cable? Try running above 60mph out of o/d to see if this applies to you.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #4

I think the hole the previous posts were referring to is on the top of the mirror arm where it connects to the door. I occasionally hear the whistle, but it hasn't bothered me enough to cover it.

I took our Seneca in to the local Freightliner Service Center for its first annual service last week and asked them about the service bulletin for the transmission noise. They said that it didn't apply to my chassis. They did perform the parking brake recall, though.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote