Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #1

Winegard Trav'ler wiring on Precept 31UL

I am installing a Winegard Trav'ler on my Precept 31UL. It is prewired on the roof top with coax and the 6 wire control cable. The coax is terminated in the compartment above the passenger seat BUT I cannot find the 6 wire control cable for the Trav'ler control box inside the coach.

Any idea where it is located?
tinman353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

this is a line I read from a source

Winegard Travel'r control cable runs to roof satellite area from main TV area
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #3

Yes, I read that also but I don't think it is correct. The only wires at the main TV location are power, 1 antenna coax, and composite RCA video/audio cable.

So I am assuming they have changed it to another location...
Old 10-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #4

Well I found the cable, but it was not at any of the locations that Jayco customer service suggested they may have installed it. Seems weird that they didn't know where it was run ...

I traced all the cables and found one that ran from the front roof down the front window pillar and was zip tied up under the front dash. Obviously who ever ran it there had no idea what it was but at least it is accessible.
To confirm that it is indeed the control cable - I ran an electric extension cord for power - powered up the controller box to test the cable and it works.

I tried to pull it up the front pillar so it would end where it should in the overhead cabinet above the front passenger seat but it is stuck so will need to remove the front window pillar trim to get to the cable to release what is holding it up.

I hope Jayco takes notice for the sake of future owners that want to have a Trave'ler sat dish a favor and get production to end the cable in the front cabinet and not down under the dash where it doesn't do much good ...

Tags
31ul, precept, satellite, winegard, wiring