Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2015, 05:29 AM   #11
Thanks for all the great feedback.
I keep the rig at a storage facility, outside, in NJ, with no electric available, so here is what I think I'll do. Since I need the house battery to start up the generator, which I need to run once a month...I'll just swap the batteries in and out every month, brining one of them home at a time to put on the battery minder.
I agree with Flapper that in the cold (even in NJ), I probably won't get much discharge, but it can't hurt either to put them on the minder.
I also agree with you guys that attaching 2 of them to the minder, at the same time, is not a good idea. I won't do this.

Thank you all!

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS-"Scamper"
2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Prem. 6 Spd
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:39 AM   #12
Originally Posted by Bikester View Post
Yes it is, I used it on my travel trailer and it worked great! Very easy with lots of attachments.

Very good! Thanks!

2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2012 Ford F250 6.2L 4x4 CCSB W/Air Lift air bags
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
2002 Coleman Bayside Elite (traded)
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #13
Been using the Battery Tender Plus for one battery for years and it works great. Now I have 2 deep cell batteries that I just keep plugged in all winter. The 3 stage charger in the TT keeps them fully charged. I make sure they are always topped off with distilled water.
Went to Battery Plus' web site and they said the 1.25 amp will only charge 1 battery. You need their 5 amp version to do 2 at once. They have several options of those more than 1.25 amps.
Hope this helps.
Happy RVing,
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite
2009 F150 Supercab, 5.4L ,3.73, HD Tow Package, Equal-i-zer 1K,
Progressive EMS-LCHW30, TST 507RV TPMS, Hydro Life HL-200, Maxxis 8008.
Best friend wife and dog Cooper. RETIRED 6/30/16. WOOHOO! Now the "endless summer" begins.
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:50 AM   #14
Been dealing with deep cycle and regular use batteries for 30+ years of off season storage. Always remove from using source and store in garage on wooden counter. Past few years I've been using Battery Tender trickle charger about every other month on each. Current Miata battery that came from Fleet Farm (lawn tractor battery) just removed for year is on it's 7th year, and my boat battery is on it's 6th year. Current TT battery is removed now and had it's first trickle charge at removal, will do again in early January

Larry J
2015 SLX 264BHW
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #15
I keep my Greyhawk plugged in all winter. For the chassis battery, I use a smaller Battery Tender (yours is OK also). I got the male cigarette plug 12V adapter and I plug it into one of the 12V outlets on the dashboard. The Battery Tender is then plugged into a 110 outlet inside the MH. The dash outlets on a Ford E450 are always on, so they connect to the chassis battery. This is an easy way to keep your chassis battery charged even while you are camping. My older Greyhawk had the dash radio connected to the chassis battery so if I wanted to play the radio for extended times the chassis battery would discharge a bit. With the Battery tender plugged into the 12V outlet i didn't have to worry about running down the chassis battery. The new Greyhawk has the dash radio connected to the house battery.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #16
I live in the Pacific Northwest (eastern Washington State) it gets cold here. Greyhawk 31SS, stored indoors, not heated. After winterizing, I pour a couple of bottles of fuel stabilizer in the tank, fill the tanks and run the engine and generator before putting it away. No batter charger, but to leave it plugged into shore power. I believe that keeps my house battery charged but not the engine. Never had a problem. I do try to get around to running the generator a few times over the winter, but probably not every month.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:06 AM   #17
Harbor Freight puts their trickle charger on sale for $4.99 every now and then. It works well!

Bill & Bertha(Bert) with Phoebe the Yorkie

2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
wwachsman is offline   Reply With Quote

batteries, greyhawk, winterizing