Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #1

winterizing Seneca steps

1. buy 3-5 gallons of RV antifreeze
2. don't do on a cold, rainy day or in the dark!
3. get the short hose ready
4. take the rubber washer/screen out of the fresh water fill and turn it around and put back in place "screen in".
5. Attach the short hose to the fresh water fill and insert into the rv antifreeze
6. put the selector in winterize/sanitize
7. turn the pump on
8. I had to hold the RV container above the pump and occassionaly turn the switch to #1 and then back to #2 to get the pump to prime.
9. Go to each facet and run in the cold and hot positions until all you see is pink
10. run a short cycle in the washer until you see pink. Use the warm setting (that is both hot and cold).
11. Cancel the cycle and let it pump out
12. Clean everything up

Anything else????
Old 12-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #2

Norcold icemaker.

My winterization routine is probably overkill, but I blow everything out with air first and then pump propylene glycol.

To do the icemaker I made a pigtail out of a cheap zip-cord extension cord that has an on/off switch installed in the cord. I cut off the female receptacle end, installing two female spade terminals to the wire ends. I disconnect the two spade terminals attached to the icemaker solenoid (in outside lower fridge panel) and attach my pigtail to the solenoid terminals. That solenoid is 120-volts, which is why you can only make ice when you have 120 volts.

I put towels in the icemaker side of the freezer and while charged with about 10 psi of air turn on my cord, energizing the solenoid. I leave it on for about 10 seconds to purge the line and icemaker. Then I have a helper go in and listen in the freezer when I do turn it on a second time and usually they hear just air escaping. Then I fill my water system with the antifreeze, and with dry towels in the freezer turn the solenoid on again for a few seconds which fills the icemaker with antifreeze. Then it is good to go.

I use my same "cheater cord" to flush the icemaker out in the spring and always discard the first few batches of ice.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote