Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2016, 06:55 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Coleman 13 X 13 Instant Eaved Shelter

We saw one of these this summer when we were camping .... the same week where we saw a lot of rain in spurts, and the new 10 X 10 shelter we had purchased was unable to handle the large amounts of rain and the water pooled, and we were forced to stand under it an and push the water off. Took it back when we got home....and after research and waiting for a sale, purchased one at a US Walmart. Took it with us in October, and what a difference this Coleman shelter is. Built of high quality construction, was much better than any other shelter we looked at. The design is awesome with the one foot eve all the way around, keeping things dryer. The frame is sturdy, the locking/folding latches are high quality, and the feel of the material itself is so much better. We were impressed, we highly recommend it. We can say this Coleman Product sets itself apart from others on the market.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #2

Going to have to check it out and look at it. Thanks for the info.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:08 PM   #3

We use this one and are very happy with it. Goes up easily and folds down into roughly the same space as the standard pop up. We've been under it in a torrential down pour and it holds up very well.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Back-...p_89%3AColeman

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
We use this one and are very happy with it. Goes up easily and folds down into roughly the same space as the standard pop up. We've been under it in a torrential down pour and it holds up very well.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Back-...p_89%3AColeman
Found it on Amazon and bought one yesterday [$133]. Wife has been bugging me to get something like this, she hates the bugs down south. Saw a Coleman on our recent trip south and your post let me to this one.

My Amazon total for the last 10 days has exceeded $1000 [TT tires, EMS PI, propane valve, etc]. Spending too much time on the forum or on Amazon or maybe both.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Found it on Amazon and bought one yesterday [$133]. Wife has been bugging me to get something like this, she hates the bugs down south. Saw a Coleman on our recent trip south and your post let me to this one.

My Amazon total for the last 10 days has exceeded $1000 [TT tires, EMS PI, propane valve, etc]. Spending too much time on the forum or on Amazon or maybe both.
I feel your pain my friend.

Do you know there is an Amazon account tool you can use to download a spreadsheet of all your purchases during any time frame you specified? Scary tool to say the least.... Did mine just year to date and almost passed out!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #6

I posted a few pics of ours .... the only thing i would change is the color, needs to be Coleman Lamp Green!
Old 04-02-2017, 09:25 AM   #7

I just got one in the mail the day before yesterday and put it up below the house. It is huge compared to the 8X8's we have had in the past. It will more than adequately cover a large picnic table with ample sq footage to spare. The one thing about it is with the extra size comes extra weight and the extra hands of my daughter and son in law came in handy. There are four large "gutter spike" type stakes for the legs and 4 light weight aluminium for the corner lanyards. I could see these as being a problem in sandy soil conditions such as the beach with any wind what so ever. All in all I am pleased with the quality of the product and should get several years of good service out of it. I do see that if space is a problem, as it is at a lot of RV sites, and you want to deploy your awning, then it may be to large for those applications. For $133 plus TN sales tax it is a bargain.
Ron Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:37 AM   #8

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...cture7923.html
Ron Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:49 AM   #9

My vote goes the the Coleman All Day Domes. We have the 15*15 and it has been great through torrential rains, and keeps the sun off all day. There are no surfaces for water to collect on, it just rolls right off the at the corners.
We don't like the screened enclosures because the bugs always find their way in, but never seem to find their way out, and if a bird flies in, then pandemonium ensues.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Point...ay%2Bdome&th=1

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:26 AM   #10

we looked at this one too .... but went with the 13X13. Faster going up, and whats nice, it has about a foot overhang past the polls, so on a str8 rain, everything stays dry. Good size also, so table etc fits underneath.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #11

My recommendation for this shelter doubles after last week .... we were on a river site at Provincial Park when a storm rolled in ( tree fell on a trailer 7 sites down), high wind warnings and they showed up, but this shelter handled it , using a few more ropes to tie down the corners. An ordinary shelter would not have survived!
Old 03-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #12

Bringing this thread back to life because I am looking at screen tents too for this season. The brown hexagon Coleman is at the top of the list, and currently on sale for 126.00 US which is a good deal. I was just about to pull the trigger and then saw these Clam brand tents. They are much more expensive but the reviews are awesome. Anyone have one?

https://www.amazon.com/Clam-Corporat.../dp/B00TMBEN1K
Old 03-27-2018, 05:50 PM   #13

Was at a Walmart just outside of Detroit last month ( we're in Ontario), came across 2 of the 10X10 versions of these Coleman shelters, reg $99, on clearance for $40, scooped one up , should have taken both ..... they are much better than most of these shelters on the market