Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #1

Thumbs down Furniture

We have had our Pinnacle for about 7 months. The 2 spots we sit regularly (recliner and sofa) have the fake leather material worn through. I doubt the next layer will last a year. On top of that the furniture is the black/brown color and the material under it (that covers the foam) is white, so it looks awful. Anyone else have this problem. For something that cost plenty it is really not made well at all. Never again will I buy a Jayco..
Lynne Blackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #2

Have you put in a warranty claim? Perhaps it was a bad batch of fabric?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #3

All RV furniture is "cheap", not just Jayco. That is unless you buy a high-end unit with brand name furniture. Our previous SOB fiver was an upper end unit and the furniture was just as cheap as our lower priced Jayco.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #4

Furniture

No we haven't checked to see if they would cover it. I need to but we live in it full time and I am afraid of how long they will keep it. It's an issue when you have animals and have to uproot them. I think it sad that something this new that cost this much has issues
Old 07-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #5

I will notify Jayco when we get back in house after summer is over. I was just wondering if people had issues with theirs.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:21 PM   #6

You say you have animals. I don't know of many (if any), manufacturers that will warranty furniture due to pets...... just sayin'.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
You say you have animals. I don't know of many (if any), manufacturers that will warranty furniture due to pets...... just sayin'.
Also don't mention full time there is a statement against that in the owner's manual.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #8

Well I meant full time for the summer, I guess I should have said that differently.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:09 PM   #9

Our Pinnacle furniture looks the same as when we picked it up last July. And we have two dogs. No changes at all.
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #10

Just wondering..... when you looked at RV's to live in during the summer, what else did you look at?

Why did you choose Jayco? What was it that appealed to you when you bought it? Was it the two year warranty you haven't attempted to use?

Everyone of your posts you complain about your trailer and yet you haven't even given the manufacturer the opportunity to address your concerns.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #11
Lost in the Woods

2 year warranty means nothing try to contact them or get something done if your not at factory dealer in Mesa ax said no if you did not buy it here factory wait was :4 months
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by My garage View Post
2 year warranty means nothing try to contact them or get something done if your not at factory dealer in Mesa ax said no if you did not buy it here factory wait was :4 months
There are many posts where JAYCO has worked with JOF members to get repairs done at independent service centers or even by mobile RV techs when non selling dealer said no.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
Just wondering..... when you looked at RV's to live in during the summer, what else did you look at?

Why did you choose Jayco? What was it that appealed to you when you bought it? Was it the two year warranty you haven't attempted to use?

Everyone of your posts you complain about your trailer and yet you haven't even given the manufacturer the opportunity to address your concerns.
X2!! Don't mention the dogs or the summer full timing. Just say this showed up on a summer trip. I would contact the dealer and send pictures via email with a written description of the problem. Ask them to contact Jayco to get pre-auth to do repairs under warrantee and to contact you when it is received to schedule the work. That will greatly reduce the time you are without the RV.

The 2 year warrantee is only good if you use it. Jayco is pretty good at taking care of stuff if you approach it carefully. They are not going to install furniture that is going to wear thru in a few months. I had a lounge chair break during the first year [seat spring mounts broke] and they sent me a replacement.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #14
Lost in the Woods

Tried that all 4 said take that thing back
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Tried that all 4 said take that thing back
You should probably sell it and cut your losses then.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #16

We paid an extra 500 bucks to have them spray some fabric treatment on everything inside (yes I was probably pretty dumb to do this) BUT, all of the fabric in my interior is now covered with a separate warranty against damage. Your fabric should be covered in any event, especially if the damage is above and beyond 'normal wear and tear'.

Take pictures, get the ball rolling with them. They can order new cushions and you won't have to park your RV on their lot for 3 months waiting for them to come in.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #17

Quote:

My dealer traveled 130 miles to my seasonal site for warranty repairs. Jayco agreed to and covered all my issues 100%. The warranty is a good one. It's all about the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk