Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2016, 10:11 AM   #1

Winegard SensarPro TV Signal Meter Review

When TV Station Transmission switched from analog to digital it resulted in the inability to program in a TV station by rotating the TV antenna until the picture became clear.

I've found the Winegard SensarPro TV Signal Meter to be an excellent product to aid in positioning the TV antenna prior to programming and running the TV's channel setup.

The Winegard SensorPro displays the signal strength as you rotate the TV antenna. Once you have the TV antenna positioned at the highest signal strength, running the TV's channel setup will allow the TV to acquire the most channels in your current location.

I've had the SensorPro install in both our previous and current trailers and have been extremely pleased with its performance.
I would recommend the Winegard SensorPro to anyone that is looking for a product to aid in RV antenna positioning and TV channel tuning.

The price of the Winegard SensorPro varies from $85 at Camping World to ~$72 on Amazon.

It comes in both White "RFL-342" or Black "RFL-332" colors.

I found the installation and operating instructions that come with the product to be very clear and easy to read and follow.

Installation is easy through replacing the current RV wall plate / booster.

The downside is that with the SensorPro being installed as a direct replacement to the RV wall plate / booster, you loose the DC plug that is typically part of the wall plate. However, this can be avoided by installing the SensorPro next to the RV wall plate (if there's room) and taping into the RV wall plate's power and moving the TV cables from the RV wall plate to the SensorPro.

The other installation issue I ran across with our current trailer is that the RV wall plate / booster was located on the back wall of a cabinet, which doing a straight replacement was not a great option to have the displays of the SensorPro readily visible.
I ended up mounting the SensorPro next to the radio and splicing into the power wires of the RV wall plate / booster and moving the TV cables from the RV wall plate / booster to the SensorPro. With this installation approach, the DC plug of the original RV wall plate / booster is still functional.

Note: I also have the Winegard Wingman installed on our RV Antenna.
The Winegard Wingman is also extremely easy to install and I have found it to very helpful in bring in TV channels.

There is a video posted on that describe both the Winegard SensorPro and Wingman.

Here are some pictures of the SensorPro display front and an example of an installation that is a non-replacement RV wall plate / booster.
Attached Thumbnails
Wingard SensarPro  Pic.jpg   DSCN3459.jpg  
Old 07-09-2017, 06:43 AM   #2

X2

I installed the Sensarpro and a Wingman. Added a standard cable wall plate next to the Sensarpro for a finished look. The audio makes it "dirt easy" to fine tune. Increased the number of channels we could get while at home. Better signal lock/strength too.

Found both items discounted at Amazon Warehouse.

<><
Rivercityjeff is offline   Reply With Quote