Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #1

WTB 03 and up F250/350 4x4 V10

Good Morning!
We are in the process of selling our current 03 F250 7.3 Diesel. We are wanting to replace it with a V10 gas engine of the same. The truck is shared between my folks and I. They use it to pull their 12000lb 5th wheel a few times a year, and I use it as a back up plow truck. That will continue to be what we will use the next one for, however, I feel a gasser will be better for the mileage we are putting on it (we only put on 400 miles since early December 2014)
Stipulations(SP?), it must be a V10, 4x4, SRW and we only want a long box if its a regular cab (short box on all others). Mechanicly, it should be in good running order, however, I am an ASE certified mechanic and will consider vehicles with the tipical Ford issues (exhaust leaks, suspension wear and such). Some rust is acceptable (above the wheel wells ect..ect..ect..), but dont want a complete rust bucket.
Mileage, I would perfer under 200000 miles, but will look at well maintained higher mileage late models.
Area, I have been looking all over CL. Pretty much I will travel anywhere east of the Mississippi and maybe a hundred miles or so west unless the right deal is out west (I would have to fly in). As far south as Orlando area Florida. I am located in SW Michigan.
If you have a truck you are considering selling outright, please let me know. If your outside of Lower Michigan, I would have to do the deal on a weekend. Thanks for your time! Dave

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Old 05-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #2

Found! Thanks for all the lookers! It was a lot harder than I thought. Please delete this thread. Thanks Dave

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L